Battery drain on iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted:
in Genius Bar
I got the iPhone 11 Pro Max about a week ago ( December 23) and it seems that I’m experiencing battery drain issue

I unplugged it at 10:30am with 100% and now it’s 1:20pm and it’s at 77% with minimum usage ( sent a few photos , texted family and friends , played music for about 20minutes, had a 30second phone call , from 11:30 till 12:30 I wasn’t using it.)

I did a dfu restore , reset all settings , erased all contents. No luck

My battery health is at 100% and I’m not a heavy user. I turned off location services , background app refresh , raised to wake , used mostly WiFi ( avoided 4g) and still my battery can barely last me the day.

My friend also has the IPhone 11 Pro Max and he unplugged his phone at 1pm with 82% on 4g and been using it non-stop and at 5pm he’s at 77%.

Am I experiencing battery drain issue?
My concern is that I won’t able to replace it because if Apple run a test on my battery and see it’s at 100% then they will brush it off and tell me nothing is wrong.

I have provided photos of my battery life from today and the last week.

1.jpg 23.3K
2.jpg 26.6K
3.jpg 25.6K
4.jpg 29.5K

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,916administrator
    Turn off Snapchat background updating, and I bet this goes away.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 2 of 7
    sh55sh55 Posts: 4member
    I have background app refresh off , still didn’t fix my problem. 
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,916administrator
    sh55 said:
    Is that new since you posted these images? Because according to these usage charts, you absolutely still have background app refresh on during this capture period.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    sh55 said:
    I got the iPhone 11 Pro Max about a week ago ( December 23) and it seems that I’m experiencing battery drain issue
    Sometimes it takes a while for your new iPhone to update all of the data that it thinks it needs. By turning off background update and then doing a complete restore, you are hindering the normal new iPhone sequence. I suspect that the time this takes is dependent on your normal use WiFi network. Low bandwidth will take longer because things like the Photos app will measure the bandwidth and adjust its update accordingly.

Are you using a WiFi network normally? What kind of bandwidth do you normally get on WiFi? Are you exclusively on a LTE network with a relatively bad connection? That drains your battery pretty fast. I would turn background update back on and let things like Mail and Photos do their work. Give it several days. Also, make sure you have the latest version of iOS. It should be 13.3. 
  • Reply 5 of 7
    sh55 said:
    Is that new since you posted these images? Because according to these usage charts, you absolutely still have background app refresh on during this capture period.

In all the screenshots I took , background app refresh was off for all apps.

edited January 2020
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jdb8167 said:
    sh55 said:
    Sometimes it takes a while for your new iPhone to update all of the data that it thinks it needs. By turning off background update and then doing a complete restore, you are hindering the normal new iPhone sequence. I suspect that the time this takes is dependent on your normal use WiFi network. Low bandwidth will take longer because things like the Photos app will measure the bandwidth and adjust its update accordingly.

Are you using a WiFi network normally? What kind of bandwidth do you normally get on WiFi? Are you exclusively on a LTE network with a relatively bad connection? That drains your battery pretty fast. I would turn background update back on and let things like Mail and Photos do their work. Give it several days. Also, make sure you have the latest version of iOS. It should be 13.3. 

I avoided using LTE and 99% of the time I used WiFi. My 11 Pro Max is on 13.3 but I never experienced battery drain issues on my iPhone X when it was on 13.2 at 100% battery health. 
    edited January 2020