'Guardians of the Galaxy' star Dave Bautista to join Apple TV+ 'See'

Posted:
in General Discussion
Former WWE wrestler and "Guardian of the Galaxy" star Dave Bautista will join Apple's "See" in its second season.

Dave Bautista speaking at the 2016 San Diego Comic Con | Image Credit: Gage Skidmore
Dave Bautista speaking at the 2016 San Diego Comic Con | Image Credit: Gage Skidmore

Dave Bautista will star opposite of Jason Momoa in the second season of "See," as noted by Deadline.

While the actor has starred in movies, such as "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the upcoming "Dune" movie by Warner Brothers, "See" will be his first major TV gig.

Bautista also performed as a professional wrestler in the WWE from 2000 until his retirement of this year.

"See" takes place 600 years in the future, after a viral apocalypse had eradicated much of the world's population. The humans who survived were rendered blind, reverting to a primitive, tribal-like culture.

Jason Momoa ("Aquaman", "Conan the Barbarian") plays series lead Baba Voss. Voss' wife gives birth to twins, the first humans in six centuries who are born sighted. He must protect his children and tribe against a powerful queen who believes the children will herald in the destruction of their world.

"See" launched at Apple TV+'s debut on November 1, along with titles like "The Morning Show," and "Dickinson."

Apple TV+ is priced at $4.99 a month, though if you buy new hardware, such as a new Apple TV, iPhone, or Mac, you'll get a year for free. Additionally, even if you don't own any Apple devices, you will be able to watch Apple TV+ from your favorite browser at tv.apple.com.
15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I think one season was enough and it had some OK qualities, but it’s mostly just unendingly grim. 
  • Reply 2 of 8
    "SEE" could never been seen and the world would be a better place. I agree with SpamSandwich. One season was too much. Unendingly grim and not a success for Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I love it!
    15ngcs1anantksundaram
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Mmmmm 🤤 I might actually try to watch it.
    15ngcs1
  • Reply 5 of 8
    limeymick said:
    I love it!
    I can't say I loved it, but I liked it a lot. I look forward to, and will most certainly watch S2.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    but no one will be able to SEE him since he mastered the ability to stand "so still that he becomes invisible"
    drdavidSpamSandwich
  • Reply 7 of 8
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    I think one season was enough and it had some OK qualities, but it’s mostly just unendingly grim. 
    "SEE" could never been seen and the world would be a better place. I agree with SpamSandwich. One season was too much. Unendingly grim and not a success for Apple.
    That's fine, don't need every show to be goofballs slipping on banana peels or whatever it is you prefer.

We plowed thru it in a weekend and enjoyed it for what it is. (Personally I would dial down the graphic violence, but that's the American way -- hide the nipples but show the decapitations)
    edited January 2020 minicoffee
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Never get over him trouncing around Louisville, KY as the Monster of the Deep Leviathan in OVW led him to the heights he's gotten. Special talent. Good for him.