Comment Button Not Working in Some Discussions

gcvgcv
Posted:
in Feedback
I clicked on the “comments” button after a recent article and rather than be redirected to the comments for the specific article, I was redirected to a general discussion page where I tried to find the article with no success. I gave up since it was like going down an endless rabbit hole.

Surely a simple link could have been created. The article was Trump’s comment that Apple should “step up to the plate.”

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gcv said:
    I clicked on the “comments” button after a recent article and rather than be redirected to the comments for the specific article, I was redirected to a general discussion page where I tried to find the article with no success. I gave up since it was like going down an endless rabbit hole.

Surely a simple link could have been created. The article was Trump’s comment that Apple should “step up to the plate.”
    That thread was locked and comments disabled since members here don't play well together in political discussions involving our President. 
    This one should now be locked too. 
    edited January 2020
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    If you got sent to a general discussion page then there's a high chance the thread is gone. As a policy, if something is too political we don't enable comments on the post because, as Gatorguy said, people cannot control themselves. Normally an editor will append that note to the bottom of the article, but in this case it looks like Mikey just forgot.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    I think the OP may have been talking about the disappearance of the Like/Informative forum post buttons today.

Not sure whether this applies to mobile-only, or is device agnostic.

UPDATE: Seems to be universal across devices... mods/admins, was this a deliberate choice?
    edited February 2020
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I think the OP may have been talking about the disappearance of the Like/Informative forum post buttons today.

UPDATE: Seems to be universal across devices... mods/admins, was this a deliberate choice?
    I think it was a deliberate choice since you can see the likes/informative votes on your own comments.  Good call imo. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator

I think it was a deliberate choice since you can see the likes/informative votes on your own comments.  Good call imo. 
    There is some work being done on the back-end which is impacting Like/Informative today.
    edited February 2020
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Thanks, Mike!