Apple releases iOS 13.4, iPadOS 13.4, watchOS 6.2, tvOS 13.4, macOS 10.15.4

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    watchOS 6.2 has “Unable to Install Update” appeared on Series 2 and series 3 Apple watches after the update was downloaded.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,691member
    I’ve updated my devices to the macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS versions listed above as well as the latest HomePod and every update installation process worked perfectly. This is the first time in a while that I’ve had zero installation issues. Thank you Apple. 

The only functional issue that I’ve had with iOS/iPadOS 13.4 since later betas and into the release is the overly aggressive auto-capitalization functionality when using the virtual keyboard. No matter where you tap in a line of text the shift key is turned ON which means the next letter typed will be capitalized. If you move the insertion cursor using the space bar long press feature it works fine. Expect to be very annoyed very soon. It’s probably easier just to turn of auto-capitalization feature. This used to work fine.
    dysamoria
  • Reply 23 of 34
    dysamoria said:
    Is iOS 13 finally safe to install on devices where we’ve been holding off on it due to the utter mess it has been so far?
    Last time I had trouble with a OS release was iOS 6, that disabled the WiFi on my year old iPhone 4S. No harm, though, as Apple sent me a replacement in less than a week!

You can solve all your problems by switching your phone manufacturer, your OS producer and the forum you post north of 2,000 times!
    fastasleep
  • Reply 24 of 34
    ivanh said:
    watchOS 6.2 has “Unable to Install Update” appeared on Series 2 and series 3 Apple watches after the update was downloaded.
    And series 1 :(
  • Reply 25 of 34
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,452member
    ivanh said:
    I am dealing with this right now, because it says I don't have enough space. Checked storage, and it says I have like 900MB free, but needs 1.1GB. Then lists all my usage which is like a few megabytes per app and nothing taking up the 3.whatever GB of space it says is being taken up. Gonna unpair and reset it and see if that clears the cruft. 

EDIT: Unpairing and re-pairing and restoring from the backup cleared out whatever was in there. Now have 3.8GB available versus under 1GB.  I wasn't storing anything in there (photos/music/podcasts/etc), so no idea. ¯\(°_o)/¯ 
    edited March 2020
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    dysamoria said:
    Is iOS 13 finally safe to install on devices where we’ve been holding off on it due to the utter mess it has been so far?

I think you should wait for the “No one cares. Quit your bitchin and leave the platform” edition. 
    fastasleep
  • Reply 27 of 34
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,133member
    I wouldn’t call it a mess, but I hope they have finally fixed the bug that makes the dock appear in the wrong orientation sometimes on my iPad Pro. Am I the only one experiencing this? Sometimes it also gets stuck on a side. 

edited March 2020 dysamoria
  • Reply 28 of 34
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    lkrupp said:
    dysamoria said:
    I've been using iOS 13 since the day it was released and I think your statement is utter nonsense. I'm sure you called iOS 12 an utter mess too, and 11, and 10, and 9.
    Congratulations on making a ludicrous blanket statement that is entirely wrong. Making “us vs them” Apple cult anti-criticism presumptions about other people (about whom you clearly know nothing) is foolish. But hey, you got a bunch of likes, so I guess you feel cozy and confident in your echo-chamber of fellow believers.

I’ve had issues with iOS since iOS 7 (which was a truly long-standing disaster, introducing GUI bugs and broken designs that still haven’t been fixed to this day), but I haven’t seen as much long-standing media coverage of the level of problems with iOS 13 since then. It has been worse by far, and the media reports back that up. Oh, but I guess that’s just “fake news” and the whole media world is out to get Apple...

I found iOS 10 & 12 to be much better than 9 (which was installed on my phone when I bought it and therefore had no choice about (but it was definitely better than iOS 7). I haven’t made any complaints about 9, 10, 11, or 12 that aren’t entirely a result of Apple’s actions in 2013 with iOS 7.

Step out of your cult mindset.
    edited March 2020 MplsP
  • Reply 29 of 34
    razorpit said:
    lkrupp said:
    dysamoria said:
    I've been using iOS 13 since the day it was released and I think your statement is utter nonsense. I'm sure you called iOS 12 an utter mess too, and 11, and 10, and 9. Phooey on your question. If one post here says it's still a mess you won't install it?
    Utter nonsense? Let's be honest, 13 had some big hangups on day 1. I fought with iPad OS on my Pro and that was acceptable. If I had to put up with all of them on a mission critical device such as my iPhone I would have been going back to my backups ASAP.

With that said, iOS 13 is pretty good now.
    Thanks for your input :-)
    razorpitMplsP
  • Reply 30 of 34

longpath said:
    Regrettably, the bug fix for what Apple Suport called a known issue, isn’t in this update. Had hoped today would be the day that Reminders worked again.  :'(

The known issue is where someone who elected to delay the migration to the new Reminders data format, and then migrated later, the iOS Reminders app is unable to sync with iCloud, even though Macs running Catalina can. The iCloud reminders can also be shared to other iOS devices. They just won’t sync to the original device. Factory Resets are inaffective in resolving the issue. I’ve tried twice, once with an Apple Store Genius’ actively working with me, to make sure I didn’t miss anything.
    This is valuable info. Thank you!
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Think you were correct that it is a space issue. Disabled podcasts and photos to 25. 

Apple don’t make life easy in these auto-syncing and no error messages!

fastasleep said:
    ivanh said:
    I am dealing with this right now, because it says I don't have enough space. Checked storage, and it says I have like 900MB free, but needs 1.1GB. Then lists all my usage which is like a few megabytes per app and nothing taking up the 3.whatever GB of space it says is being taken up. Gonna unpair and reset it and see if that clears the cruft. 

EDIT: Unpairing and re-pairing and restoring from the backup cleared out whatever was in there. Now have 3.8GB available versus under 1GB.  I wasn't storing anything in there (photos/music/podcasts/etc), so no idea. ¯\(°_o)/¯ 

• Reply 32 of 34
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 4,007member
    Anyone else having keyboard issues? I upgrade to iOS 13.4 last night and now the apostrophe, &, <, \ and | keys don't work on my Logitech Slim Combo smart connector keyboard with a 2nd gen iPad Pro. oddly, the 7, comma and " keys work just fine, so I know the physical key is not the issue. 

if I switch to a different language, I can get the characters so it seems to be an issue with the English keyboard module.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 4,007member
    lkrupp said:
    dysamoria said:
    I've been using iOS 13 since the day it was released and I think your statement is utter nonsense. I'm sure you called iOS 12 an utter mess too, and 11, and 10, and 9. Phooey on your question. If one post here says it's still a mess you won't install it?
    Well clearly, since you haven't had any issues no one else could possibly have issues, right?

iOS 13 was widely regarded as rushed and buggy - in fact there were 4 subsequent updates less than a month after 13.0 was released. I agree with @razorpit, though - 13.3 has generally been good.

razorpit
  • Reply 34 of 34
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    MplsP said:
    lkrupp said:
    dysamoria said:
    Well clearly, since you haven't had any issues no one else could possibly have issues, right?

iOS 13 was widely regarded as rushed and buggy - in fact there were 4 subsequent updates less than a month after 13.0 was released. I agree with @razorpit, though - 13.3 has generally been good.

Are you experiencing these in a browser?

I've recently noticed some strange keyboard issues (on screen and physical), as well as autocorrect issues. Where I tap on a correction and there are two different responses. Either the screen doesn't register the tap, or the screen accepts the tap and then gives a selection of predicted next word, but the text in the text box is never updated.

These are all happening in Safari though, on different sites.