Apple offers free 90-day trials of Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited March 2020
Apple this week activated free trials for its professional media creation apps Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X, presenting potential users a 90-day period to see if the software is a right fit for their workflow.

Final Cut Pro X Offer
Apple is offering a 90-day free trial for Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X.

Available through Apple's Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X webpages, the free trials offer potential buyers a chance to use the pro-level apps without committing to a relatively expensive purchase price.

Apple's traditional Final Cut Pro X free trial period lasted 30 days. Those who are currently taking advantage of the 30-day trial can tack on an additional 90 days with the new offer. As a limited time event, the 90-day Final Cut Pro X trial will eventually revert back to its original 30-day period at some point in the future. Final Cut Pro X retails for $299.

The free trial is available to users around the world.

Though not currently denoted on its webpage, Apple will also roll out a 90-day free trial for Logic Pro X in the next few days, reports MacRumors. Like the Final Cut Pro X special, the upcoming 90-day Logic Pro X trial is a limited time offer. Logic Pro X is normally $199.

Apple's pro apps trials arrive as people around the world take shelter at home to escape the COVID-19 pandemic.

dtb200

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    For anyone who creates music, BUY Logic it's a freaking steal for $200 bucks!
    dysamoriafastasleepchasmwatto_cobraBenny1980
  • Reply 2 of 6
    webraiderwebraider Posts: 163member
    Beats said:
    It's an unbelievable deal. 
    dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    Beats said:
    No kidding. I was looking at buying Digital Performer as that's what I did a bunch of music in way back when, and that's $500 (used to be $800 if I recall), $400 for a competitive upgrade. Logic Pro for $200 is a bargain, I'm going to buy that soon as I'm getting back into the music stuff.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Beats said:
    And that is an unlimited lifetime licence.  Who does that anymore?  Only Apple!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Sure hope they’re working on a Logic for iOS.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dtb200dtb200 Posts: 47member
    Logic Pro X 90 day trial link up on US Apple site but not UK yet...
    watto_cobra