Satechi launches compact wireless USB-C charger for AirPods

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2020
Joining Satechi's lineup of wireless chargers is a new compact solution dedicated solely to Apple's AirPods with a cable-free design and a small form factor.

Satechi USB-C Wireless Charging Dock for AirPods

The brand new USB-C Wireless Charging Dock for Apple AirPods, as it is so eloquently named, has an all-aluminum body to match Apple's traditional aesthetic and a curved top to cradle a set of AirPods. Both AirPods with the wireless charging case and AirPods Pro work with the Satechi charger.

On one side of the charger is a USB-C connector that can easily connect to any modern Mac. Not to mention the 2018 and 2020 iPad Pros that have adopted USB-C as well. This allows you to easily charge up without the bulk of wires or additional chargers. It is very similar to the Satechi dedicated Apple Watch dock that launched right at the beginning of 2020.

Satechi USB-C Wireless Charging Dock for AirPods and iPad Pro

The Satechi USB-C Wireless Charging Dock for Apple AirPods is available for preorder now for $29.95, though users are able to save $5 by using code AIRPODS during checkout through April 20th. Satechi will start shipping the dock in May.

Satechi is also one of our featured accessory makers who are doing their effort to fight Covid-19. It is donating 5% of all sales to Project C.U.R.E. through the end of April, 2020.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I can't imagine what the benefit would be to have a wireless charger like that. Just a short USB-C to Lightning cable seems way more practical than this.

That's not to say I wasn't seeing the benefits of wireless charging in general. Having a stationary mat somewhere so you can just drop your AirPods, iPhone or whatever on absolutely makes sense. But this? I don't get it.
    edited April 2020 amarkapStrangeDaysMplsPrazorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 11
    amarkapamarkap Posts: 69member
    MrUNIMOG said:
    I can't imagine what the benefit would be to have a wireless charger like that. Just a short USB-C to Lightning cable seems way more practical than this.

That's not to say I wasn't seeing the benefits of wireless charging in general. Having a stationary mat somewhere so you can just drop your AirPods, iPhone or whatever on absolutely makes sense. But this? I don't get it.
    I don't get it either.  Will probably make a good Xmas gift for someone just because you have to get them something...but otherwise I see no benefit of this.  That is not to say I wouldn't be thankful if someone gave it to me as a gift! :-)
    drdavidrazorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 11
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I dunno. An all-in-one charging station is nice, if you have one. But if not, having that charger handy in a desk drawer or in a desktop organizer would be more convenient and tidier than a charging cable. I no longer work from a desk, so I wouldn't use it much, but I see it's appeal. Same with the Watch charger.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 11
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    Just more single-purpose junk.
    razorpitmattinoz
  • Reply 5 of 11
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Cute thang.

amarkap said:
    MrUNIMOG said:

I don't get it either.  Will probably make a good Xmas gift for someone just because you have to get them something...but otherwise I see no benefit of this.  That is not to say I wouldn't be thankful if someone gave it to me as a gift! :-)

hint! hint!
    amarkapwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 11
    What a brilliant idea, but who needs this, this little thing will soon end up in the bottom drawer.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 11
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    Their similar Watch charger makes a lot more sense than this one. I suppose if you don’t have an iPhone or iPad that uses Lightning, then this makes some sense for those people. Otherwise yeah a single cable (or Qi pad) that can charge either makes more sense 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 11
    these cute little useless gadgets. Why don't try the engineers try to solve some actual problem instead.
    razorpitamarkapwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 11
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,373member
    What a brilliant idea, but who needs this, this little thing will soon end up in the bottom drawer.
    If you travel this could mean that you no longer need to pack your standard Apple Watch charging cable with its integrated charging puck. I think it's actually kind of slick and a very cool option for lightening your load. I could definitely see this coming in handy with your MacBook sitting on a tray table when you're on a long haul flight. Kudos to Satechi for giving us another option to declutter in situations where clutter is intolerable. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 11
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    dewme said:
    If you travel this could mean that you no longer need to pack your standard Apple Watch charging cable with its integrated charging puck. I think it's actually kind of slick and a very cool option for lightening your load. I could definitely see this coming in handy with your MacBook sitting on a tray table when you're on a long haul flight. Kudos to Satechi for giving us another option to declutter in situations where clutter is intolerable. 
    This is a dedicated charger for AirPods; Apple Watch needs a separate distinct charger. 

I agree with everyone else. why get this when a USB C to lightning cable will do the same thing for cheaper and be more functional? 
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 11
    drdaviddrdavid Posts: 90member
    amarkap said:
    MrUNIMOG said:

Sigh. *Goes to desk. Gets paper/pencil and writes self a reminder.*  message received amarkap, message received. 

amarkapwatto_cobra