'iPhone 12' leak details smaller TrueDepth notch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    razorpit said:
    kbee said:
    FaceID is still a 100% fail in times of Corona. I know that there are tricks to make the iPhone recognise a second profile with mask - but it destroys the security.

Display integrated TouchID would be the way to go. I would even go with a cheeper TouchID only budget phone from Apple (TouchID sensor integrated in the display of course) - like an iPhone SE3 with no notch, no FaceID but an integrated TouchID. 
    Wouldn’t TouchID be a 100% fail wearing gloves? Bring on VoiceID!
    VoiceID?! I don’t think so. Not many deaf people (like myself) could pronounce their own name or something like that. Keep that deaf users in your mind. Apple keep their deaf customers in their mind and make it more accessible that required by federal law. 
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 42 of 43
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,584member
    razorpit said:
    kbee said:
    FaceID is still a 100% fail in times of Corona. I know that there are tricks to make the iPhone recognise a second profile with mask - but it destroys the security.

Display integrated TouchID would be the way to go. I would even go with a cheeper TouchID only budget phone from Apple (TouchID sensor integrated in the display of course) - like an iPhone SE3 with no notch, no FaceID but an integrated TouchID. 
    Wouldn’t TouchID be a 100% fail wearing gloves? Bring on VoiceID!
    VoiceID?! I don’t think so. Not many deaf people (like myself) could pronounce their own name or something like that. Keep that deaf users in your mind. Apple keep their deaf customers in their mind and make it more accessible that required by federal law. 
    It wouldn't matter if you couldn't pronounce your name. The OP is referring to a voice print and not an activation word. You still have a voice print. The mute might be problematic but that's where a code works just as it will in other circumstances and as it does now.