Dark Mode comes to Apple Store app for iOS

Posted:
in iOS
Apple on Tuesday updated the Apple Store app for iOS with Dark Mode support, allowing customers to shop for products through a largely black user interface.

Apple Store
Apple Store app with Dark Mode enabled (left).

The latest version 5.8 of the Apple Store app continues Dark Mode integration across the company's first-party app offerings. Apple most recently added Dark Mode to the Apple Support app last week.

A standardized display setting available across Apple's platforms, Dark Mode swaps bright screen elements for darker alternatives in a bid to ease eye strain during nighttime viewing. Not a simple color inversion configuration, the operating mode changes text and other graphical assets from black to white while intelligently retaining color in images.

Apple's shopping app provides users with a direct online portal to the company's digital storefront. With customized purchasing recommendations, product information and specifications, repair options, information about Today at Apple sessions and more, the app acts as a one-stop-shop for everything Apple Store.

The usual unnamed bug fixes and performance enhancements are also included in today's update.

Apple Store for iOS is a free download from the iOS App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    What happened to the nice shiny new AppleInsider from this morning? That was awesome! 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Good news!

I'm a big fan of making everything dark mode, including the front page of this site!

Dark mode is all that I use now and it's all that I have been using ever since the first day it was first available on iOS and OS X.

The entire world should move towards the dark side! The reign of the light side is over. We will crush them!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Prices look more black market that way
    edited May 2020
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    What happened to the nice shiny new AppleInsider from this morning? That was awesome! 

I'm still seeing it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member

I'm still seeing it.

Maybe I'm missing something...but why can't AI get a dark mode?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    macxpress said:

I'm still seeing it.

Maybe I'm missing something...but why can't AI get a dark mode?
    Maybe I'm missing what you mean, because AI is dark mode here for me. Both the front page and the forums.
    watto_cobra