1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 627member
    mattinoz said:
    jdb8167 said:
    mattinoz said:
    jdb8167 said:
    This is pretty huge news for Intel and not in a good way:  Jim Keller to Depart Intel. Keller was kind of the last hope for Intel’s recovery. I think they may be in very bad trouble if he wasn’t willing to stay. He was there from April 2018 until today. Probably not enough time to make any real progress on Intel’s issues.

Also from the Day before.

Weird design. It has one high performance i5 or i3 core and 4 Atom low power/performance cores. Seems like an odd combination when you are competing with 4 high performance cores and 4 low power/performance cores in the A12X. I realize they aren’t competing directly but still the comparisons are inevitable and they won’t be kind to Intel. I haven’t seen any benchmarks on the Tremont low power cores but I can’t imagine they are very fast.
    I think the point is the building blocks that let the customer put together the features that suit without having a unified die for each level. Not the actual combo they are showing. The same team has in the past been very willing to use any Intel IP with any other chips they can source. 
    Maybe. I think there are plenty of reasons to be skeptical of Intel’s abilities to do anything that suit its customers needs right now. If Apple comes out with an 12 core ARM CPU with 8 performance cores and 4 low power cores, can Intel match it with this technology? This odd combination for the hybrid CPU isn’t inspiring confidence.