Apple drives NASDAQ to all-time high on ARM Mac rumors

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2020
Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple all closed out at their highest stock value ever., with the quartet pushing NASDAQ to a new record high.

Apple's stock rose at the same time there was more confirmation of it moving to ARM processors for the Mac
Apple's stock rose at the same time there was more confirmation of it moving to ARM processors for the Mac

Apple is continuing its path to being a $2 trillion company, with its stock on the Nasdaq Composite Index closing at almost $1.5 trillion on Tuesday. Its figure of $343.99 per share is an all-time record for Apple, but Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft, all hit records too.

According to CNBC, Facebook was the only one of this quartet that closed at under $1 trillion. Apple's performance was the best, and together the four companies represent a combined market value of nearly $5 trillion.

Apple's performance represented more than a 3% increase for the day, and it came as more confirmation broke of the company transitioning to ARM processors.

Overall, Apple has benefited, as have all major technology firms, from the coronavirus lockdown meaning more people working from home, and so buying more equipment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    I guess we can all relax and forget about social injustice, police brutality, this pandemic entirely because APPL just spiked. 
    williamlondonOferlkrupp
  • Reply 2 of 6
    spice-boy said:
    I guess we can all relax and forget about social injustice, police brutality, this pandemic entirely because APPL just spiked. 
    Oh you can relax but why mixing all the subjects of the World? There are other forums for social injustice, police brutality and many more. Have fun.
    williamlondonaderuttersconosciutolkruppwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    spice-boy said:

AAPL. You may find this shocking but people can have more than one thought in their heads simultaneously.

Well, most people can.
    edited June 2020 SpamSandwichwatto_cobraaderutter
  • Reply 4 of 6
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Wall Street reads AppleInsider?
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 5 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Should be noted that the Federal Reserve announced near-zero rates through 2022... that could have played a major factor in this rally...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fed-sees-rates-near-zero-through-2022-says-asset-purchases-will-continue-2020-06-10
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Rick601Rick601 Posts: 16member
    Carl Icahn is so glad he sold at 100.  As I recall he didn’t see much of a future for Apple. Luckily Uncle Warren sees things differently. 
    watto_cobraaderutter