Apple TV+ lands 'Emancipation' in record-breaking deal

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    1348513485 Posts: 364member
    While it does seem quite pricey to me, considering that there is considerably less expense in creating and promoting a film for TV versus theatrical release, I trust that Apple has enough people looking at the real and potential payback to justify the outlay.

It would seem to be an exciting and compelling story, reflecting beliefs that are still all too real today (Sorry, Spam, wish they weren't, but they are. Someday they may not be.)
  • Reply 22 of 24
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    13485 said:
    While it does seem quite pricey to me, considering that there is considerably less expense in creating and promoting a film for TV versus theatrical release, I trust that Apple has enough people looking at the real and potential payback to justify the outlay.

It would seem to be an exciting and compelling story, reflecting beliefs that are still all too real today (Sorry, Spam, wish they weren't, but they are. Someday they may not be.)
    Know where slavery still exists today? 
    1. India (18.4 million)
    2. China (3.4 million)
    3. Pakistan (2.1 million)
    4. Bangladesh (1.5 million)
    5. Uzbekistan (1.2 million)
    6. North Korea (1.1 million)
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-that-still-have-slavery

Slavery as an issue in the US is long dead. So the real question is:  Why isn’t Apple making a movie about slavery THAT EXISTS TODAY in India or China?
    edited July 2020
  • Reply 23 of 24
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    13485 said:

1. India (18.4 million)
    2. China (3.4 million)
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-that-still-have-slavery

Slavery as an issue in the US is long dead. So the real question is:  Why isn’t Apple making a movie about slavery THAT EXISTS TODAY in India or China?

Maybe they will.

But why should movies based on history be cancelled? Do you complain about WWII films or films about ancient civilizations?

Did the movie Ice Age bother you?

Xedronn
  • Reply 24 of 24
    XedXed Posts: 2,836member
    Beats said:
    13485 said:

1. India (18.4 million)
    2. China (3.4 million)

Maybe they will.

But why should movies based on history be cancelled? Do you complain about WWII films or films about ancient civilizations?

Did the movie Ice Age bother you?

HAHA Probably not since ice and snow is historically white. In his defense, I do apply the one-drop rule to yellow snow.

PS: It's interesting that he completely whitewashed human trafficking in the US today to the point of claiming that it's "long dead."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_slavery_in_the_United_States
    edited July 2020 Beatsronn