Apple orders new thriller series 'Shining Girls' for Apple TV+

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2020
Apple TV+ is set to get a new metaphysical thriller starring Emmy Award winner Elisabeth Moss.

Apple orders new thriller series 'Shining Girls' for Apple TV+

"Shining Girls" is a metaphysical thriller based on Lauren Beukes' 2013 best-selling novel. Elisabeth Moss ("The West Wing," "Mad Men,") stars as a Chicago reporter who survived a brutal assault, and later finds her reality shifting as she hunts down her assailant.

The series will be adapted for television and be executive produced by Silka Luisa, who will also serve as the series' showrunner. Moss will also executive produce through studio Love & Squalor Pictures alongside Lindsey McManus.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davidson will executive produce through Appian Way. Lauren Beukes and Alan Page Arriga will also serve as executive producers.

Apple has been issuing plenty of series orders lately, including eight episode espionage thriller "Tehran," and neo-noir thriller "Losing Alice."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I didn't remember that she was in The West Wing. How can you not mention her most recent claim to fame as the star of the critically beloved The Handmaid's Tale?  In any case another high profile "get" for Apple TV+.  (As a shareholder) I hope this turns into greater mindshare for the service.  I don't know how many times I hear people talking about the big streaming platforms and the list ends with Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ and maybe a few others--almost always omitting Apple TV+.
    BeatsStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    In!  I have a massive (harmless) crush on Elizabeth Moss.
    watto_cobrajdb8167
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    She was also fantastic in The Invisible Man.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I didn't remember that she was in The West Wing. How can you not mention her most recent claim to fame as the star of the critically beloved The Handmaid's Tale? 
    West Wing was her first major role and Mad Men was her breakout role. She was already a big deal by the time Handmaids Tale came around.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    jabohn said:
    Loved that movie!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    Rayz2016 said:
    jabohn said:
    Loved that movie!
    Check out The One I Love if you haven't.