Apple researching using two iPads simultaneously for notebook-style computing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Ive thought this sort of an arrangement made a whole h*** of a lot more sense than bendy screens. I’m not sure I’d want to waste one as a keyboard. But as a book it would work great. 
    watto_cobraDetnator
  • Reply 22 of 27
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,375member
    Rayz2016 said:
    dewme said:
    Or you could just use duct tape.
    Duct tape isn't rigid enough to hold the screens at a fixed angle.

Apple is determined to have us all typing on flat surfaces before the end of the decade.
    You know I was joking. But I did have a colleague who had to carry two cellphones all of the time duct tape them together back-to-back so he could keep the “phone sandwich” in his pocket and not worry about pulling out the wrong one. It must have made for some interesting unintended conference calls. 
    edited July 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    Rayz2016 said:
    dewme said:

Apple is determined to have us all typing on flat surfaces before the end of the decade.

What if I duct tape in a section of the inflatable tube, that I can fill to set the angle. Bonus it moves the "keyboard" screen up to a nice angle.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    XedXed Posts: 2,570member
    dewme said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    dewme said:

You know I was joking. But I did have a colleague who had to carry two cellphones all of the time duct tape them together back-to-back so he could keep the “phone sandwich” in his pocket and not worry about pulling out the wrong one. It must have made for some interesting unintended conference calls. 
    I used to do that with a personal cellphone and Nextel for work. This was long before the iPhone was a thing. I think it was the late 90s.

I used industrial hook-and-loop. The hooks and loops were very small and fine compared to the stuff you usually see so it made it a strong as well as kept it from catching on any little thing. Hooking them together for carrying (they could be pocketed as separate devices back then, so not pocketed at all when attached) was more of a bonus. The main reason for the hook-and-loop was so I could mount them on the dash while driving.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    civa said:
    johnbear said:
    The power of their CPU, need to use two devices to make up for one intel cpu. 
    With their new CPU I guess they will be selling two MacBooks wrapped together in one package, like juice at Costco:) 
    The current iPad Pro cpu outperforms intel, so my question is why are you here? 
    Slow day at mom's basement...
    FileMakerFellerDAalsethRayz2016watto_cobrafastasleep
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    mattinoz said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    dewme said:

What if I duct tape in a section of the inflatable tube, that I can fill to set the angle. Bonus it moves the "keyboard" screen up to a nice angle.
    I think Apple’s solution would work better because it doesn’t need you to blow air into a tube before you get to work. 

Now if you could also add some sort of breathalyser function to make sure folk don’t drink and type … 🤔
    Detnatormattinoz
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Huh? There have been apps that will allow you to do this with Android devices available for years. I presumed that this functionality already existed in iOS/iPadOS via third party apps also.
    A hardware-based solution would be faster and easier for folk to deal with. 
    watto_cobra