Compared: Apple's AirPods Pro vs Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,210member
    A review should have both products on hand to actually compare them in use I would think.

Apart from that, it would seem Apple should probably drop the price of the pros. While good, high end they are not.
    jeffharris
  • Reply 22 of 26
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 769member
    With apologies to the 21 previous comments I haven’t read, but the biggest question remains unanswered - what do they sound like? Isn’t that what is most important?
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 23 of 26
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,468member
    bulk001 said:
    With apologies to the 21 previous comments I haven’t read, but the biggest question remains unanswered - what do they sound like? Isn’t that what is most important?
    I bet they sound like wireless headphones.

Not trying to be snide, but sound perception is extremely subjective and highly individualistic. It would not matter one bit to me if anyone or everyone behind the original article or follow-on comments weighed in on what they thought of the sound quality of these headphones. It doesn't mean anything to me until I try them for myself using my own ears and brain functions that process sound for me. Headphones are like ice cream, you absolutely must taste it for yourself. 
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    entropys said:
    A review should have both products on hand to actually compare them in use I would think.

Apart from that, it would seem Apple should probably drop the price of the pros. While good, high end they are not.
    The AirPods Pro’s sound certainly isn’t high-end.
    I use mine to stream movies with my iPad. Vacuuming my apartment, too. For all that, they’re good and fun to use.
    For music listening, I’ll use my Etymōtic ER4S or Grado SR-325s.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    glo46glo46 Posts: 2member
    Honestly, I'd say the BudsLive are more of an AirPod competitor($20 difference/non plug in ear design), than an AirPod Pro competitor($80 difference/plug in ear design).

Either way, I've been playing around with all three(my wife has the Pros), and while the "AirPods Pro use a custom-built high-excrusion, low-distortion speaker driver, in combination with a high dynamic range amplifier for a clear sound profile"... AKG just sounds better. Even playing around with iOS equalizer's settings, I just couldn't get the Pros to sounds as good as the beans. Even the bass delivered by the BudsLive is richer, which is surprising being that the Pros plug into the ear canal vs the BudsLive which sit just outside of it.

What the Pros do best though is ANC. Which of course, is attributed to their plug in ear design to deliver the seal which the BudsLive do not. Albeit, the Lives were never meant to cancel out sound in the first place, and by default deliver the Pros Transparent feature while cancelling out low frequency sounds, like the hum of a fan or an AC. Personally, this is why I use headphones such as AirPods(not pros), and now the BudsLive. I appreciate being able to hear my environment, while now enjoying a full and rich sound quality coming from the beans. I also cant leave plug-in ear-tip earbuds for more than 2hrs without getting sore or feeling like i'm in a fish bowl. 

All this said, I'm happy the BudsLive exist. they sound better, are more comfier, and I'd say the shape is much more innovative/better looking than the pods/pros (although it'll take some time for people to become normalized to it as they've done with the pods design) and should defiantly force Apple to step their game up. 

• Reply 26 of 26
    glo46glo46 Posts: 2member
    Beats said:
    chadbag said:
    Isn’t the basic determiner on deciding what sort of phone you are pairing with?

while both support Bluetooth and I assume can be used “cross platform”, I also assume any special or nifty features or overall performance makes the AirPods Pro work best with iOS and the Samsung with a Samsung phone (or at least Android)?

Apple products just work better, even cross platform.
    I have both iOS & Samsung/Android devices with access to both the BudsLive & Pods/Pros, and can confirm that what you say is fake news.