iPhones with Fortnite installed hit eBay with prices as high as $10,000

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    If you've downloaded Fortnite previously, are you able to download it now, or are all downloads blocked, not just new gets?  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    gc_uk said:
    Apple can remotely remove an App from my phone I've chosen to install?
    Yes they can. 

And they can also do it on MacOS by issuing a silent update. 

Though you really have to screw up for them to do it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    jason20 said:
    Alright any1 trying to buy the ipad pro 11-inch (2018 model) grey , with fortnite downloaded? $9500 , selling the apple I'd as well with it . If your serious 408-703-0091 
    If my serious what?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 25
    If anyone still might think that this is easy money, you should pay attention to the occasional spam here by new accounts trying to sell their Fortnite-iDevices.

That people try to sell something for a lot of money doesn't equal that there are people wanting to buy that thing for a lot of money; the rare "look how stupid rich I am"-creds wear off very very very quickly, so at most the very few first units on the market are able to collect the stupid rich-markup.

If you're lucky you might get in on a second wave (maybe even a third) of this depending on how the trial goes, and if there are any promises of longterm support of the iDevice installations; and if the market isn't already saturated at a more or less break even-level (ie people that were going to sell their devices anyways, and now also include the already installed Fortnite as potential bonus).
  • Reply 25 of 25
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    svanstrom said:
    If anyone still might think that this is easy money, you should pay attention to the occasional spam here by new accounts trying to sell their Fortnite-iDevices.

That people try to sell something for a lot of money doesn't equal that there are people wanting to buy that thing for a lot of money; the rare "look how stupid rich I am"-creds wear off very very very quickly, so at most the very few first units on the market are able to collect the stupid rich-markup.
    That shows from the completed listings. Most of them aren't selling:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=iphone+fortnite&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&_sop=13&rt=nc&_udlo=2000

The highest one sold there was an iPhone SE 2020 for $5722. There was an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB for $3999. An IPhone 11 Pro 512GB sold for $3533 (normally $1349). And there's an XR 128GB for $2861 (normally $649). None have feedback left yet and many are zero feedback seller so may not be genuine sales.

These kind of things usually start out really high to see what people are willing to pay and then it settles down. If some of the handful that sold there were genuine completed sales, that's pretty easy money to make $3k+ profit from a single sale. For people on average incomes, just a single sale like that would be a good result, that can cover 3-4 months rent. And if it keeps some wealthy person's kid from crying about it all day, it might be worth it for them too.

It only applies to new players and the phone itself isn't needed, just the account. People can sell their iOS IDs, there are some listings for those.