News publishers push back against Apple's App Store commission fees

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    They are not asking Google because nobody buys anything from Google.
    Last year Google Play purchases contributed almost $30Billion in gross revenues, up from $24 Billion in 2018. That's a lot of nobodies. :)
  • Reply 22 of 23
    pujones1pujones1 Posts: 222member
    How will this benefit US the customer? Are they going to drop their prices by 15% so my services that I purchased through the App Store will be cheaper? Or will the price of apps drop across the board? Where’s our cut? Nothing for the customer that is allegedly being done a disservice and harmed?

If we’re going to start cutting might as well make cuts for everyone. 
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Stupid thing to demand. Why is 30% impossibly too much but 15% is perfect? Why not demand competing app stores where you can charge what you want and not pay anything for the service beyond a small ongoing fee to list your products there? That way Apple could get its 30% cut, publishers can get 100% of the the sales on one or more alternate app stores and consumers can decide whether they would rather have Apple's app security or pay a lower price and a wider selection of apps by taking on risk? That's my single biggest gripe about Apple: They have no respect for their own customers. Apple treats us like children incapable of making informed decisions.
    Wow. You do not understand Apple, nor their customers or target market in the slightest.