USB 3, USB 4, Thunderbolt, & USB-C -- everything you need to know

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    lkrupp said:
    Does it really matter? We’ll be forced to use whatever the EU mandates anyway.
    Is the USA applying to join?  That would be fun.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,657member
    lkrupp said:
    Yes, the EUSB will incorporate a native fax standard and a mandatory transfer speed of 300 baud. 

Because communism.

#AmericaFuckYeah
  • Reply 43 of 46
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,920member
    USB-A and Lightening are simpler to identify, if fits than works but usb-c is not that versatile. May be Apple needs to come in and help udb-c standard's group to make it right or any usb-c implementation(port,cables,charging) Apple do on it's products; work seamlessly across the board for all Apple products including Apple approved 3rd party accessories.
    edited May 2022
  • Reply 44 of 46
    AKAppleAKApple Posts: 14member
    Credit to the EU for trying to standardize the cable/connector mess. I probably have 30 different cables, some are obviously duplicates, and maybe a half dozen adapters. It's annoying as hell to have to sort through them when I switch from one Apple device to another, as my Apple devices date from as far back as Late 2013 (iMac 27") to a newer iPad, 5 year old MBP, iPhone 13 Pro, plus non-Apple peripheral devices. That doesn't include the dozens of cables that I have donated over the years as they were also duplicates. As has been noted here already, it's an unnecessary mess.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    AKAppleAKApple Posts: 14member
    crowley said:
    lkrupp said:
    Is the USA applying to join?  That would be fun.
    It doesn't matter one iota to me who it is that mandates universal connectors and/or cables, as long as someone does. As I have already posted, kudos to the EU for their efforts.
    edited May 2022 muthuk_vanalingam