Apple TV+ series 'Invasion' restarts production under new COVID-19 safety protocols

Posted:
in General Discussion
After facing significant delays brought about by the coronavirus pandemic, sci-fi drama series "Invasion" is set to resume production with new safety protocols.

Simon Kinberg & David Weil
Simon Kinberg & David Weil | Image credit: F. Scott Schafer

The series, which was set to film in New York, Manchester, Morocco, and Japan, had to halt production in mid-March when COVID-19 shut down the intended U.K. shoot.

Now, it is among the first U.S. series to resume production with new safety protocols, as pointed out by Deadline. Another Apple TV+ sci-fi drama, "For All Mankind" has also recently restarted filming.

The series follows an alien invasion, showcasing multiple perspectives throughout the world. It stars Sam Neill ("Jurassic World: Domination"), Shamier Anderson ("Awake"), Golshifteh Farahani ("Extraction"), Firas Nassar ("Fauda"), and Shioli Kutsuna ("Deadpool 2").

The series is written and executive produced by Simon Kinberg and David Weil. Jakob Verbruggen acts as director and executive producer, and Audrey Chon and Amy Kaufman also executive produce. Elisa Ellis serves as executive producer for Platform One.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Man, this comes as such a relief.
    I really lost confidence for any production to be added to the Netfiapple catalogue anytime soon. Now this also gets my hopes for Oprah rising again.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I really lost confidence for any production to be added to the Netfiapple catalogue anytime soon. Now this also gets my hopes for Oprah rising again.

What's with your Oprah obsession?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Beats said:

Nothing at all. He just loves trolling Apple forums. 
  • Reply 4 of 6
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,254member
    It would be nice to know what the new protocols actually are. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Who's the guy on the right? He doesn't appear to be anyone mentioned in the article. Other news sites don't have his pic either.

NEVER MIND. The photo credit doesn't appear in the main article. It only appears in this forum.
    edited August 2020
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Beats said:

Nothing at all. He just loves trolling Apple forums. 
    Would be equally nice if the mods would ban him...