Photo quality comparison: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 versus iPhone 11 Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23

Alger said:
    And for what purpose?  Seriously, if someone can enlighten me what possible reason a non-videographer/professional would need to shoot 8K (other than bragging rights), I'm all ears. 

If you have 8k footage now, in a few years when 8k become ubiquitous,  and it will, you'll have footage you can look back on and be able to appreciate having had 8k before it was ubiquitous. 

Much the same as how having 4k 5 years ago was laughed at.

Well, there's my purpose,  future proofing, I can't see the point if splashing out on a 8K TV at the moment but when I get one, I'll have older content. 

edited August 2020
  • Reply 22 of 23
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,693member
    Beats said:
    Samsung knows their fanbase are morons so they use a trick to make their knockoff iPones look better. It's saturation, I used to use this trick when I calibrated TVs.

tommikele said:
    It makes no sense to compare a newly released Samsung model to an iPhone that will be last year's model in a couple of weeks. Apple Insider needs to wait a few weeks and give us a shoot out that makes sense.

That's always the case and I hate to admit but it's fair. You can't compare a knockoff iPhone to the real thing, THAT would be unfair. So best to compare an old model to the latest one.

Samsung once had an ad comparing a 4 year old iPhone to their latest iKnockoff. The fine print read something like: "Shown is an old version of iPhone and iOS. New versions are better."
    You calibrated TVs to look saturated? 

You weren't calibrating to a profile using measuring devices? 

Samsung users aren't 'morons'. 

Brace yourself because 'the real thing' as you like to label it has been on Android phones for years now with Apple scurrying to catch up!

This is literally undeniable. Over the last four years Android phones have blazed ahead with camera technology and the irony is that if you want to parade your 'Knockoff' banner around it probably applies more to Apple than anyone else in this field. And I say this because over these last four years you couldn't even compare to what was going on in the Android camera world because no iPhone could even had the capability to do it!

That's how out of the picture iPhones have been.

And, as we all know, when it comes to groundbreaking camera tech advances Samsung is not even the top runner here! Much less Apple. 

• Reply 23 of 23
    I have an Android for work and was given the option to get the Note 20 Ultra so I got one - the phone is kind of beast. I've always preferred the Note for work because the S Pen is handy to make a quick note on something when I ran into someone walking around the building (obviously pre covid). I actually gave the Note 20 camera a slight edge but realize that my 11 Max is about a year older so I am interested to see what Apple brings in the 12.