First 'Long Way Up' trailer with Ewan McGregor hints at tricky 13,000-mile journey

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released a new trailer for "Long Way Up," the Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman travelogue for Apple TV+ where the pair attempt to travel over 13,000 miles on electric motorcycles.

The first trailer hints at the difficulties and the adventures the famed "Star Wars" actor and english TV presenter go through in the follow-up to the acclaimed "Long Way Down" and "Long Way Round." For this trip, the friends will be passing through South and Central America on Harley-Davidson LiveWire motorcycles, electric motorbikes, to promote more sustainable globetrotting.

The trailer points out how tough the journey is under the circumstances, with the pair worrying about being able to recharge the bikes while on the journey. This includes one stop when charging the vehicles caused a power outage for the entire building, as well as scenes of McGregor fretting over the mountainous task.

Starting at the city of Ushuaia at the tip of South America, McGregor and Boorman were filmed over 100 days passing through Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Equador, Colubia, Central America, and Mexico, including 13 countries and 16 border crossings in total.

"Long Way Up" will be available to watch on Apple TV+ from Friday, September 18, with the first three episodes joined by new episodes each week.

Apple first announced the unscripted travel series would be arriving on its streaming platform on August 3.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Awesome!  I just completed a 5,200 mile trek in my Model X with my son back in late June / early July.  This type of programming really speaks to me...
    lolliverchristopher126watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    XedXed Posts: 2,519member
    It looks like the film crew are using a couple of Rivian EV trucks to go with the EV bikes. I wonder if Rivian will ever have a shipping product.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Well, I'll binge watch it for sure. When it came out, Long Way Round had more of an effect on me than it should have. I saw one episode broadcast on a cable channel (that we didn't have at home) in a hotel room so I ended up buying the DVD set (which of course hadn't been released in the USA so I had to buy one from somewhere else and then buy a region-free player and watch it on the one TV we owned that supports PAL and... it got messy.)

But I loved it. Still do.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    I'm looking forward to this. Given the support team, it doesn't strike me as arduous or truly challenging trek that some motorcyclists have made sans such support.

But it still looks interesting and I want to see how those Livewires do. They're pricey and the claimed range doesn't seems both optimistic and short. But it should be a fun show anyway.
    watto_cobra