Apple isn't getting $454M back from VirnetX because it waited too long to ask

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    qwerty52 said:
    It seems to me like Apple needs to change the lawyers
    No matter how much you pay them, they don’t seem to get any better.
    That is very true since law firms prefer slow staff attorneys over efficient ones because they bill by the hour. Having said that, Apple has been losing pricy battles left and right, they need to go to war like Samsung did. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 24
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    So...

in other words, a judge made Apple Pay HALF A BILLION dollars to an extortionist. 

And now a judge won’t make the thieves repay

- simply because apples wording wasn’t good enough for him in the time they had to write and file? 

The heck? 

That’s agenda right there. 

Or at the least it’s thinking like “well Apple ID so rich they don’t need it.” Which is anything but justice. 

Terrible judge. 

I believe this will be overturned. It’s wrong. 

And beyond that, the judge is actually trying to sto Apple from using the fact they were in the right in future court cases. 

What kind of justice is that? 

Well cantcha see?! Apple copied VirnetX because their patent clearly states "A technology that securely passes data"!

Apple invented nothin!

/s
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Apple is notorious for having the worst legal representation in the world. They lose almost every case including blatant bs ones. It seems they lose well over a billion ever year!
    Citation needed. Remember, they won the biggest, the Samsung case. 

That was a big lose for Apple. Samsung is still releasing knockoff like all other Android turds.
    qwerty52watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 24
    is there some law out there that says Apple should have acted in a certain number of days? some statue of limitations?
    This sound like a random decisions by the judge just because he felt like so... and comes across as vengeful ....IT BS...imo...and i hope it gets overturned!
    Why should Vintex be rewarde 1/2 BILLLION dollars.. because Apple took some time to draft a request?  
    watto_cobra