Apple TV+ shares first trailer for spy thriller "Tehran"

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Wednesday shared the first trailer for upcoming Apple TV+ espionage thriller "Tehran," due out later in September.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The spy series, which Apple nabbed the rights to back in June, follows an Israeli Mossad agent and hacker going undercover on covert missions in Tehran.

Apple has ordered eight episodes of "Tehran," with the first three set to debut on Friday, Sept. 25. New episodes will debut each week.

Israeli actress Niv Sultan, known for "Flawless," will play lead character Tamar Rabinyan. Shaun Toub of "Iron Man" and Navid Negahban of "Homeland" will also star in the series. Cineflix Rights and Israel-based Kan 11 will co-produce the series with Apple.

The series will join an ever-increasing slate of original shows and films available exclusively from Apple's premium streaming service.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    OferOfer Posts: 241unconfirmed, member
    Wow, looks like a pretty intense spy thriller. I was actually born in Israel and it’s nice to see some representation on mainstream tv. I also appreciate that from the looks of it, everyday Iranian citizens are presented as relatable people under a bad regime, rather than as villainous caricatures.
    tmayStrangeDaysd_2
  • Reply 2 of 10
    mrshowmrshow Posts: 164member
    Ofer said:
    ...bad regime, rather than as villainous caricatures.
    Both regimes are pretty bad at this point. Our, US, regime is complete garbage at the moment.
    edited September 2020 uraharaOferviclauyyc
  • Reply 3 of 10
    waiting for this. 
  • Reply 4 of 10
    OferOfer Posts: 241unconfirmed, member
    mrshow said:
    Ofer said:
    Both regimes are pretty bad at this point. Our, US, regime is complete garbage at the moment.
    I would agree with all of the above statements. All three countries currently have really crappy administrations. Living in Portland in Trump’s America isn’t exactly fun right now.
    viclauyyc
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    mrshow said:
    Ofer said:
    UK here.  Same problem: the country’s being run by thick, work-shy, public school sociopaths. 
    viclauyycOfer
  • Reply 6 of 10
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    World ills aside, at least for this moment, I'm looking forward to this series. There have been some really great shows in this genre (Berlin, Deep State to name a couple) and I'm hoping this is another.
    matrix077
  • Reply 7 of 10
    This looks great! 

Also, these ATV+ comment threads look better and better as fewer people chime in that there's nothing they want to see on ATV+. :)
    lolliver
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mrshow said:
    Ofer said:
    Your comment reminds me of the saying "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink."
    d_2
  • Reply 9 of 10
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    I love Fauda on Netflix and this looks like it will be great as well.  It will once again dispel the notion that AppleTV only features milk-toast pansy-nansy fare.

Hopefully the citizens of Tehran won’t be put off too much.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    tommikele said:
    mrshow said:
    Ofer said:
    Your comment reminds me of the saying "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink."
    It's like people are playing "six degrees of separation" to link every topic to the US political climate. It's exhausting.