Migrating to a new apple watch - SIM question

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple Insider just posted a new article with instructions on how to migrate to a new Apple Watch. There was no space for comments under that article so I'm asking my question here. Do those instructions work for only non-LTE watches, or also for LTE watches that have an active eSIM enabled? The article makes no mention of SIMs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Apple Insider just posted a new article with instructions on how to migrate to a new Apple Watch. There was no space for comments under that article so I'm asking my question here. Do those instructions work for only non-LTE watches, or also for LTE watches that have an active eSIM enabled? The article makes no mention of SIMs.
    This is only the data part. You've got to deal with the carrier for the eSIM.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    This is only the data part. You've got to deal with the carrier for the eSIM.
    Quick question, quick answer. Good job. It wasn't clear what the scope of this article was, now I know.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    I'm not sure how to create a new message to you, so I'm appending this message to an old message.

I'm not telling you this story so that you can help me troubleshoot my issue, not at all. I'm telling you this in case this is a hack attack, and I want AppleInsider to be among the first to know the news. If you don't respond, it's okay with me.

My Apple Watch (series 5, with its own cellular plan) made a call to a mysterious 855 number overnight while on its charger! The call seemed to have failed. When I put it on its charger last night it was completely out of battery. When I woke up it was in the middle of a call to 855 but the status was "Call Failed." I looked up the 855 number on a website and there was no info about that number. So I don't think the call was ever connected.

My first thought was that someone had hacked an app in the Apple Watch to call a number like a 900 number to get free money. But I haven't installed any apps in years and there are only 4 respectable apps, one of which is yours. So I don't think the apps are the problem. And I've googled the 855 prefix and it's not like a 900 number.

How on earth could an Apple Watch that's booting from an empty battery and sitting on its charger decide to make a telephone call 7 hours after charging up?