Here's how much money you can save with an Apple One services bundle

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    briananon said:
    I wonder what this means for those of us who used to pay for MobileMe and still have no way to easily merge iCloud accounts. My dilemma is that my family of 6 is tied to my iCloud account via my old me.com address, and we use that for 2TB of iCloud sharing, calendar sharing, etc, but all of my Apple iTunes content and music is tied to my other email address, which I had long before MobileMe. I haven't looked that closely, but I'm guessing my only way to get to Premier will be to merge everything under one account. I'd pay the extra $5 to get the extra services, but a family sharing migration to my other iCloud account sounds like a risky/horrible proposition.
    I felt a bit of your pain a few years ago. I used to have a similar issue with split accounts with different subscriptions on them but I self migrated all of them (and the family sharing) under the iTunes led account. However, I still have two iCloud/Mac/Me accounts that are split at the country level... one is for the US where most of my content is held and is treated as my primary, the other is in the UK.

Why two countries you may ask? Some US or UK apps I need (mostly banking, but there are others) aren't available in the UK or US App stores respectively. So, in order for me to ensure I have full app based access to these on my iPhone I have to retain multiple AppleID's locked to each country. In addition, migrating or merging these from one country to another would result in a significant loss of content. A niche issue I'm sure, but globalisation in my eyes just doesn't exist in reality and the digital world is where it really should!
    watto_cobramuthuk_vanalingambaconstang
  • Reply 22 of 33
    When comparing it to peleton, for individual plans, you should use the digital membership price of $12.99/month not the $39 all access which is for having a connected bike or treadmill. But for the family without bikes Apple wins.

edited September 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Done. No brainer for us. Basically adds $5 a month to our costs, and gains us Arcade, News, and Fitness (which my wife is really looking forward to).
    Beats
  • Reply 24 of 33
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I use Netflix, Crunchyroll, Amazon Prime and Playstation Plus, how much could Apple One save me?

No more than paying for those services separately will.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    kgarr said:

Apple Arcade and AppleTV+ also offer yearly subscriptions. The saving is more like $2.75 for the individual plan when you consider all that.
    $1.63 if you already have more than 50GB of iCloud storage
  • Reply 26 of 33
    bluefire1 said:
    I have the AppleTV+/CBS All Access/Showtime combo. 
    How does this fit into any of the Apple One tiers?
    AppleTV+ is not bundled with anything.  You are paying $9.99 for CBS All Access, which recently added Showtime as a "bundle".  The CBS & Showtime are not related to any Apple bundles.  You are paying separately, $4.99 for AppleTV+ (or you may have it free, if you purchased a qualifying Apple device in the past).
  • Reply 27 of 33
    What happens to my Free Apple TV+ year that ends in February if I sign up for Apple One premier.  

Do I end up paying for Apple TV+ that I get for free ? 

Thanks 
  • Reply 28 of 33
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    MplsP said:
    aderutter said:
    If you already pay for all of Apple's services individually, then that $300 a month is significant.
    The plans are cheaper than I thought they’d be but I still think the plans are expensive. 
    Compared to what? Dropbox is $10/mo for the same 2TB that iCloud 2TB is (Dropbox doesn't offer anything less), and Spotify is the same $10/mo that Apple Music is. You can't bundle Dropbox and Spotify together, so if you get them that's $20/mo already, with no gaming or TV offerings.
    Microsoft 356 Family - $100/year includes 6 TB and MS office apps
    Amazon - $60/year for 1TB
    Google Drive - $100/year for 2 TB
    iCloud - $120/year for 2 TB
    iDrive - $52/year for 2 TB
    Box - $10/month for 100 GB or $15/month per user for unlimited storage

Like every package, It all depends on what you use and are looking for, for straight storage, Apple is pretty much in the middle of the pack. It would be nice if Apple had a yearly subscription for the family music plan and the iCloud storage plans. If you want 2tB of storage but an individual apple music and don't care about the rest then it's not that good of a deal. If you already subscribe to 3 or 4 of the services you can save a bit of money.
    Those are yearly rates, not bundles, which is what’s being discussed. Add spotify costs to all. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 29 of 33
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Naiyas said:
    Here are the monthly prices if you sign up for yearly subscriptions:

Apple Music: $8.25
    Apple TV+: $4.17
    Apple Arcade: $4.17
    iCloud Storage: $0.99 (no yearly plan)
    Apple News: $9.99 (no yearly plan)
    Apple Fitness+: $6.67

So that's $17.58 separately instead of $20.96 for the individual plan and $34.24 separately instead of $54.94 for the premier plan. Of course, Apple One is still cheaper but the difference is much smaller now ($2.64 instead of $6.01 for the individual plan and $14.29 instead of $25 for the premier plan)
    Exactly. And let's not also forget that for AppleTV+ if you buy a new eligible device you get a whole year for free anyway and there doesn't appear to be a change to that coming yet.

You only get to take advantage of that offer once per ID.
    zeus423
  • Reply 30 of 33
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Appleish said:
    Done. No brainer for us. Basically adds $5 a month to our costs, and gains us Arcade, News, and Fitness (which my wife is really looking forward to).

That's why it all depends on what you need.
    I pay yearly rates for Apple Music and Apple TV+ and monthly for storage.
    No interest in the other services, so no reason for me to change.

Also, as empty nesters we really have no need for a Family plan. You can always watch different TV shows simultaneously and I can't remember the last time we both separately tried to use Music at the same time and booted one of us off.

• Reply 31 of 33
    zeus423zeus423 Posts: 240member
    I love iTunes Match for $25 per year. It’s been great for many, many years now. 
    williamlondonbaconstang
  • Reply 32 of 33
    omasouomasou Posts: 572member
    MplsP said:
    aderutter said:
    If you already pay for all of Apple's services individually, then that $300 a month is significant.
    The plans are cheaper than I thought they’d be but I still think the plans are expensive. 
    Compared to what? Dropbox is $10/mo for the same 2TB that iCloud 2TB is (Dropbox doesn't offer anything less), and Spotify is the same $10/mo that Apple Music is. You can't bundle Dropbox and Spotify together, so if you get them that's $20/mo already, with no gaming or TV offerings.
    Microsoft 356 Family - $100/year includes 6 TB and MS office apps
    Amazon - $60/year for 1TB
    Google Drive - $100/year for 2 TB
    iCloud - $120/year for 2 TB
    iDrive - $52/year for 2 TB
    Box - $10/month for 100 GB or $15/month per user for unlimited storage

Like every package, It all depends on what you use and are looking for, for straight storage, Apple is pretty much in the middle of the pack. It would be nice if Apple had a yearly subscription for the family music plan and the iCloud storage plans. If you want 2tB of storage but an individual apple music and don't care about the rest then it's not that good of a deal. If you already subscribe to 3 or 4 of the services you can save a bit of money.

Like MacBooks and ThinkPads people can attempt to compare the value of the components and if this or that is slightly better, cheaper, faster, etc.

The value of the Apple plans is the Apple EcoSystem. If you're not all-in then storage like Dropbox may make sense if it saves a dollar or two. If you are all in on Apple then it's very difficult to assign a value to cobbling together a solution and IMHO not worth the administrative effort.

It's like traveling back in time and saying I can save $2 by buying/using a MicroTac Phone, Compaq iPaq, Garmin GPS, etc. vs. using an iPhone.

I cannot imagine going backward. My iPhone and Apple Services have remove the IT support out of my daily life and I don't miss it one bit.
    DAalseth
  • Reply 33 of 33
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    That’s all fine and dandy IF you want all the services. That’s how salesman work, they show you what you’d save by getting the bundle. They don’t want you to stop and think IF you want all of those services/channels/car options. For me there are three tiers of service: Those that I want, iCloud Storage, Those that would be nice but not necessary, AppleArcade, AppleTV+, and those that I have no use for at all, Fitness+, AppleNews, and AppleMusic. Even including the nice but not necessary ones, I’d be paying less a la carte. As it is I only subscribe to iCloud. 
    muthuk_vanalingam