Logitech debuts new Folio Touch keyboard with trackpad for iPad Air

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2020
Logitech has debuted a new keyboard with trackpad folio for the fourth-generation iPad Air that was announced on Tuesday.

Credit: Logitech
Credit: Logitech

The accessory maker's announcement follows Apple's Sept. 15 "Time Flies" event, which focused on new Apple Watch and iPad devices. Apple announced a new 8th-generation iPad, alongside the aforementioned iPad Air.

As with previous Logitech accessories, the new Folio Touch keyboard case connects to an iPad via Smart Connector and features a built-in trackpad for cursor support.

The Folio Touch supports four different viewing modes, a familiar keyboard layout, and a full row of iPadOS shortcut keys. It also features a secure magnetic latch to keep an iPad protected, and cutouts for either a Logitech Crayon or an Apple Pencil.

Logitech says that the Folio Touch will debut for $159.99 in October.

It's worth noting that the fourth-generation iPad Air supports the Magic Keyboard with Trackpad that was initially debuted for the 11-inch iPad Pro. That device, however, costs $299.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I purchased the Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro. It’s very impressive and cool, but it has a dealbreaker: you can’t just flip it over and use the iPad as a tablet, you have to remove it from the holder. So to protect my iPad I have a different case, then sway it to Apples Magic Keyboard when I want to exclusively write. This Logitech cover w/ trackpad looks like the best of both worlds, but will it accept the iPad Pro?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    AniMill said:
    I purchased the Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro. It’s very impressive and cool, but it has a dealbreaker: you can’t just flip it over and use the iPad as a tablet, you have to remove it from the holder. So to protect my iPad I have a different case, then sway it to Apples Magic Keyboard when I want to exclusively write. This Logitech cover w/ trackpad looks like the best of both worlds, but will it accept the iPad Pro?
    I was looking at it a few weeks back. I believe it was originally made for the iPP.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Could Folio Touch be used as an external keyboard for MacBook Pro?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    tzeshan said:
    Could Folio Touch be used as an external keyboard for MacBook Pro?
    Unlikely, it connects to the iPad with the SmartConnector with is an iPad only port.
    edited September 2020 watto_cobra