Does the Mac Mini need an eGPU for Photoshop & Lightroom?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
Is the internal graphics of the current Mac Mini sufficient to handle the tasks of running Photoshop/Lightroom smoothly or is a eGPU needed? I’m also only using a 27" NEC MultiSync PA272W-BK monitor. Thank you. 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    An eGPU isn't necessary, but it doesn't hurt especially after the last round of patches.
    edited September 2020 pulseimages
  • Reply 2 of 5
    An eGPU isn't necessary, but it doesn't hurt especially after the last round of patches.
    Good to know. So what’s a good graphics card for Photoshop/Lightroom that won’t break the bank? 
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Good to know. So what’s a good graphics card for Photoshop/Lightroom that won’t break the bank? 
    If you'd can, I'd wait until the next round of Radeon cards are announced later in the month, to see how things shake out.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    If you'd can, I'd wait until the next round of Radeon cards are announced later in the month, to see how things shake out.
    I thought I was going to need to buy a new computer because my late 2016 MBP wouldn’t power on anymore. Turns out the Apple Geniuses couldn’t get it to turn on either and since it had an extensive service history Apple gave me a brand new 16” MBP the other day. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I thought I was going to need to buy a new computer because my late 2016 MBP wouldn’t power on anymore. Turns out the Apple Geniuses couldn’t get it to turn on either and since it had an extensive service history Apple gave me a brand new 16” MBP the other day. 
    Oh, nice!