Everything new in iOS 14.2 beta 2: New emoji, HomeKit icons, and more

Posted:
in iOS edited September 2020
In the second beta of iOS 14.2, Apple has introduced a plethora of new emoji including bubble tea, strawberry, flip flop, and more. Here are all the new emoji, as well as all the other changes in this second developer beta.

These new emoji are part of the Unicode 13 release. In total, there are 58 new characters, faces, objects, and animals coming with iOS 14.2.

There are other minor changes as well. The Now Playing screen in Control Center was tweaked further since the last beta which saw a larger overhaul of the interface. The Home app has slightly tweaked icons on the bottom, becoming a bit cleaner with less rounded corners.

For users of the new Apple Watch, iOS 14.2 beta 2 combined with watchOS 7.1 beta 2 bring support back for the new Blood Oxygen app as well as the new watch faces that were missing in the original beta.

All the new emoji coming in iOS 14.2
All the new emoji coming in iOS 14.2

The first beta of iOS 14.2 saw Shazam added to Control Center as well as a redesign of the Now Playing interface and people distance to the Measure accessibility app.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Anything about battery? I find my iPhone 11 draws down way faster on iOS14. I'm not using any of the new features.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,273member
    My battery has been just fine on my X once the indexing was complete.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    michelb76 said:
    Anything about battery? I find my iPhone 11 draws down way faster on iOS14. I'm not using any of the new features.
    My battery is fine with my iOS 14 on X. You may need to turn off many of the app's background refresh. Also I find out that if I leave Apple Maps, Find My and other maps related apps open, they drain battery very quickly.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I have noticed a big change with 14.2 beta and the Samsung Duo wireless charger. Prior to 14.2 beta, once the phone was fully charged, the light on the charger would turn green when fully charged and stop charging. Now, with 14.2 the light stays red and still charges. Even when at 100%.
    watto_cobra