Marshall launches Major IV wireless on-ear headphones with wireless charging

Posted:
in General Discussion
Marshall is opening preorders for their newly redesigned Major line of headphones -- the Major IV. They now feature wireless charging, over three days of battery life, and more comfortable wear.

Marshall launches Major IV wireless on-ear headphones with wireless charging

Boasting an improved ergonomic design, these headphones feature softer ear cushions that have been redesigned to fit a larger number of wearer's ears. The Marshall Major IV headphones also feature an attractive classic design.

A custom-tuned dynamic driver helps to deliver deeper bass, smoother midi, and crisper treble for a great listening experience. Leave your phone in your pocket by using the multi-directional control knob -- it allows you to pause, skip, and adjust the volume of whatever you're listening to.

They're also ready to go when you are, with over 80 hours of wireless playtime, making them perfect for weekend trips, long travel days, or for those of us who often forget to charge our headphones at night. If you do run out of battery, the Major IV has a 3.5mm audio port, so you can keep listening as long as you want.

The Major IV headphones can be wirelessly charged on any Qi-enabled charging mat, which means they can chill out on your nightstand while you sleep and be ready for the next day.

Of course, if you have a USB-C cable, the Major IV headphones are fast-charge compatible -- 15 minutes plugged in will get you 15 hours of playtime.

The Marshall Major IV are available for preorder starting September 30 and are expected to ship in mid-October. They are available from the Marshall Headphones site for $149.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Nice. I’d like to see Fender create a series of high-end wireless over ear headphones to compete.

And actually, here’s the direct link on Marshall’s site:
    https://www.marshallheadphones.com/us/en/major-iv.html
    edited September 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    I’ll wait for the review against M&D MH40. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I am still waiting for the Apple over the ear headphones, but there are so many good choices for headphones on the market, I hope they announce something soon. Given that they own Beats, how long should it take to produce a headphone?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    No mention of the communication protocol.  Not Bluetooth I hope.  I assume they are WiFi?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    MacPro said:
    No mention of the communication protocol.  Not Bluetooth I hope.  I assume they are WiFi?
    Of course they're Bluetooth. How would WiFi work unless they were AirPlay only?
    watto_cobra