Apple continues its AR invite trend with 'Hi, Speed' event page

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2020
Just as Apple did with its "Time Flies" event, the "Hi, Speed" invite for the "iPhone 12" event is available as an AR object on Apple's event page.

See Apple
See Apple "Hi, Speed" event logo in AR

When on the Apple event webpage, users can click on the Apple logo to enter AR view on iOS and iPadOS devices. On macOS, users can download the file and view the animation in Quick Look.

Apple have sent out a giant AR invite to their iPhone event next weekhttps://t.co/xCohWSfx5x pic.twitter.com/Cs7jZq6j03

— Andrew Hart (@AndrewProjDent)

The logo loops back and forth through the animation and can be viewed in 360-degrees in AR. Apple introduced the ability for their devices to interact with USDZ files in iOS 12.

The Apple event invite art is an AR object
The Apple event invite art is an AR object

Apple event invites are often a red herring, as the designer making the invite knows nothing about the event or what it will entail. The company is expected to announce the "iPhone 12," "iPhone 12 mini," "iPhone 12 Pro," and "iPhone 12 Pro Max" at the event alongside new audio accessories including the long rumored "AirPods Studio." The all-digital Apple event will be held October 13.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I assume these are “Apple Tags” flying everywhere?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Pretty cool invite. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jfdesigns said:
    I assume these are “Apple Tags” flying everywhere?

I assume you didn’t read the whole article?

Apple event invites are often a red herring, as the designer making the invite knows nothing about the event or what it will entail. The company is expected to announce the "iPhone 12," "iPhone 12 mini," "iPhone 12 Pro," and "iPhone 12 Pro Max" at the event alongside new audio accessories including the long rumored "AirPods Studio." The all-digital Apple event will be held October 13.
    That said, I hope AirTags are unveiled, mostly because I’m curious.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Hi, Speed.

Fast Macs.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Apple should have 3-D AR versions of all their new products also. Would be great to see new Apple items up close on your arm, in your hand or on your table as soon as they’re announced.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Beats said:
    Hi, Speed.

Fast Macs.
    Or it doesn’t have to do anything with Macs and the speed is related to 5G. It’s an iPhone event after all.
    ronn
  • Reply 7 of 8
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,128member
    Apple_Bar said:
    Beats said:
    Hi, Speed.

Fast Macs.
    Or it doesn’t have to do anything with Macs and the speed is related to 5G. It’s an iPhone event after all.
    and A14 processors…

They tend to pack in multiple meanings if they can.

SpamSandwich said:
    Apple should have 3-D AR versions of all their new products also. Would be great to see new Apple items up close on your arm, in your hand or on your table as soon as they’re announced.
    That worked well for the Mac Pro/XDR setup. They should do it more.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,445member
    mknelson said:

SpamSandwich said:
    That worked well for the Mac Pro/XDR setup. They should do it more.
    the new iPad Air too

https://www.apple.com/ipad-air/
    watto_cobra