iPad Air nears arrival, Apple Stores receiving inventory for sale

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2021
In what is likely a herald of iPad Air sales starting soon, Apple stores have reportedly been receiving large-scale shipments of new devices, and marketing materials.

iPad Air nears arrival, Apple Stores receiving inventory for sale

Bloomberg's Mark Gurman tweeted on Friday that he'd learned that shipments of new devices were now arriving at Apple stores and were marked for opening at a later date. He points out that the boxes likely contain the newly announced fourth-generation iPad Air, and that it would be too early for the anticipated "iPhone 12."

Shipments of new devices have started landing at Apple stores for opening at a later date -- likely the iPad Airs going on sale this month. Too early for the iPhones.

-- Mark Gurman (@markgurman)

The "iPhone 12" is suspected to be unveiled on October 13, at their recently announced "Hi, Speed." event. If it were to follow previous events, the new iPhones would be available to preorder on Friday, October 16, with deliveries and brick-and-mortar sales starting at the earliest, a week later.

The iPad Air refresh, however, still has no concrete release date -- Apple's website still lists the device as "available in October." Apple Stores had begun receiving some promotional materials for the device at the end of September, which suggests that the device should be released soon.

The new iPad Air redesign brings it closer to the 11-inch iPad Pro, and in many cases, enough so that the newer device will be the better buy for many people.

For $200 less than the 11-inch iPad Pro, the 2020 iPad Air features a similar screen, the same USB-C as featured in the iPad Pro, and the new A14 Bionic processor.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    “closer” can be a misleading word. the ipad 2017 was closer to an ipad air but only a month later, the iOS/iPadOS had excluded it from using SideCar. 
  • Reply 2 of 3
    The wording reminds me of when Apple released the 27” 4K iMac in 2012. Apple said the model would be released in December and it barely made that release date by being available the last few days of the month. 

Right now it looks like there is some issue with the supply chain as my local store has no iMacs, hardly any iPads and just a few models of series 6 watches. That’s after they figured out how to swap bands without returning the whole watch. 

• Reply 3 of 3
    Man I just want to be able to buy it.  I haven’t owned an iPad in about 4 years and this one has actually gotten me pretty excited!