A custom USB-C cable can jailbreak the T2 chip in a MacBook Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    This is not exactly what Apple promised when they heavily promoted the T2 chip, is it? Thus far the T2 has caused only problems on my computers. I have to turn it off or disable several of its features to simply boot from an external drive or debug certain projects. It appears that new Apple Silicon Macs will lose the ability to boot another operating system entirely which is a huge loss of functionality. After all the headaches, we find that the T2 chip had an un-patchable backdoor put in by Apple itself making me wonder what the point was in the first place? Was the T2 just a way for users to feel secure while proving governments with a secret way into any device?
    Unadulterated bullshit, as usual. There are no Apple-sanctioned government back doors. You just made that up. Cook has been very clear on this topic. 

The continual axe grinding is predicable and rather boring. No one cares if you don’t like Apple stuff. 
    Looks like a back door to me. I can only speculate on Apple's motives but it was clearly put there on purpose for some reason. "Oopsie we left the keys in the lock" just doesn't cut it.