iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 mini AppleCare+ costs $149, $199 for iPhone 12 Pro models

Posted:
in General Discussion
AppleCare+ for the new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini starts at $149, while insuring iPhone 12 Pro models will start at $199.

Now that the Apple online retail pages for the newest iPhone models are live, prospective customers can see the pricing on the new iPhone models, including AppleCare+ and AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss pricing.

If you're planning on buying the new iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini, you'll shell out $149 for AppleCare+. Upgrading to AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss will run cost $219.00 as an upfront purchase.

If you're going to snag either of the iPhone 12 Pro models, the base AppleCare+ price increases $50 to $199.

The iPhone 12 Pro models are also eligible for AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss for a one-time $269. All one-time AppleCare+ purchases cover the devices for two years.

Additionally, customers can choose to pay monthly for AppleCare. For the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini, users will pay $7.99 each month before taxes and continue until they cancel their subscription to AppleCare. Upgrading to AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss will cost $11.49 per month.

For the iPhone 12 Pro models -- regardless of size -- monthly payments start at $9.99. If users want AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, the cost is $13.49 per month until canceled.

AppleCare+ covers the iPhone itself as well as the battery when it falls below 80%. Two accidental coverage incidents are allowed per year, enabling users to repair their iPhone at a reduced fee. Those who have AppleCare can have their screen repaired for $29.00, and any other accidental damage covered -- including damaged device replacement -- for $99.

AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss provides the same benefits as above but adds in the ability to have a lost or stolen device replaced for $149. Two incidents of theft and loss are covered per year and require the user to enable Find My iPhone enabled when the device is lost or stolen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    h4y3sh4y3s Posts: 83member
    AppleCare has been a real time and money saver for my family. 
  • Reply 2 of 2
    If anyone was ever unsure about whether to purchase or not, I’d highly recommend it. It’ll save you in the long run if something does happen. It’s better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

i.e. If you screen has a crack for any reason, it’s going to cost you $279. It’s not covered as a part of the included limited warranty. If there is damage to the LCD behind the glass then it’s $549 to replace the device. Battery is $69. 
    (Based on iPhone 12 Pro)

A classic story for me of having purchased it for 2 phones and never used it. I decided on the 3rd phone to not purchase it and figured I’d be safe. I magically cracked the screen 4 days after purchase. I didn’t drop it either, I had it in my pocket and something pushed against the glass just right.