Kate Hudson joins Apple TV+ drama 'Truth be Told' for second season

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Kate Hudson will be joining the cast of Apple TV show "Truth Be Told" for its second season, a report claims, with Hudson becoming involved in a second major case for the podcast-centric drama.

Apple TV+ 'Truth Be Told' lead Octavia Spencer
Apple TV+ 'Truth Be Told' lead Octavia Spencer

Apple has yet to confirm details about a second season for "Truth Be Told" after renewing it in March, but the anthology series fronted by Octavia Spencer seems to have gained a cast member for the next season.Known for performances in "Almost Famous," "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days," and "Glee," Hudson will be taking a role that will be close to the heart of the story for the second season.

According to Deadline, Hudson will be taking the role of Micah Keith, a lifestyle guru and friend of central character Poppy Parnell, played by Spencer. The case for the second season is thought to deeply involve both Parnell and Keith, with their relationship put to the test.

While the first season focused on Parnell and having to confront the possibility her true-crime podcast helped put the wrong person in prison for a serious crime, the second will instead tackle "America's obsession with true crime podcasts," the report claims.

Production of the new season is expected to commence on October 26 in Los Angeles.

Created by Nichelle Tramble Spellman, the show is produced by Hello Sunshine, Chernin Entertianment, and Endeavor Content. Executive producers include Spencer, Spellman, Reese Witherspoon, Lauren Neustadter, Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, and Mikkel Norgaard.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Truth Be Told is the worst show on ATV+. Hudson won’t rescue it; The casting was good before but that didn’t save it. What the show needs is better writing, not new star power. Sorry to say S1 was so bad I won’t be wasting my time with S2. Apple should have canceled this one.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    cecil4444 said:
    Truth Be Told is the worst show on ATV+. 
    It certainly wasn't "the worst show on ATV+". There's plenty of stiff competition for that title. But I would like to remind everyone to remember the news story that Apple prohibits the bad guy in any TV show it produces from using an iPhone. So if Kate Hudson is using an iPhone, then we know she's not the killer. If she's using an Android, she probably is the killer, although I doubt Apple has a requirement that all Android users in their shows must be guilty of murder. A few Android users may not be murderous psychopaths.

Hmm, I wonder what brand of smartphone will be used in Asimov's Foundation series. Unlike Star Wars, this series is set in the future, not the past, and I can't remember the books clearly but I think the Earth was the origin of the Galactic Empire. So maybe they are using iPhones after all. I'd like to see an Apple logo on a rocket in that show, just to show people that Apple is still around in 50,000 years.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    cecil4444 said:
    Truth Be Told is the worst show on ATV+. Hudson won’t rescue it; The casting was good before but that didn’t save it. What the show needs is better writing, not new star power. Sorry to say S1 was so bad I won’t be wasting my time with S2. Apple should have canceled this one.
    Meanwhile my wife and I can’t wait for season 2. Truth Be Told is one of the best shows on Apple TV+. Apple TV+ programming caters to people who like intelligent drama., well produced documentaries, and quality acting. For those who appreciate good directing Apple TV+ is the best thing going. 

Also now watching StarTrek: Discovery season 3 on CBS and waiting for Mandalorian season 2 on Disney+. 
    edited October 2020
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Does Apple have any plans to create programming for men? I’m not talking about shows with women in bikinis on trampolines shooting at bad guys, I’m talking about something that isn’t completely focus-grouped into dreck or obviously meant for “tweenagers”.