Apple's iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPad Air 4 are now available

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2020
Customers who pre-ordered the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPad Air 4 are now beginning to receive their shipments, plus Apple Stores have the new devices in stock.

Apple Stores around the world are now stocking the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
Apple Stores around the world are now stocking the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro

Although pre-orders for the iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 12 Pro Max, won't begin until November 6, the rest of the iPhone 12 range -- and the new iPad Air 4 -- are now all available in stores. While many customers who pre-ordered saw their delivery dates slip back, initial shipments are also now arriving.

Unlike the online pre-ordering process, which saw orders beginning at the exact same minute around the world, Apple Stores in Asia have been among the first to sell the new devices in-store.

Apple has revealed photographs of buyers picking up the new iPhone 12 in Singapore, plus how its Pennsylvania distribution center has been preparing shipments for US and Canadian customers.

Apple's new iPhone 12 models being shipped around the US
Apple's new iPhone 12 models being shipped around the US

"The vast majority of Apple Store locations around the world are open and operating in various service models to protect the health and well-being of customers and employees," said Apple.

As part of Apple's coronavirus precautions, many of those stores are operating the new "Apple Express." This is a procedure for pickups to quickly service online orders, and Genius Bar appointments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    Anyone heard when the carriers will have them in their phone stores?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    neilm said:
    Anyone heard when the carriers will have them in their phone stores?
    I would say that this year you might see more iPhones in Verizon and AT&T stores because of the partnership with Apple to push their upgrade subsidy contracts. 
  • Reply 3 of 5
    HeliBumHeliBum Posts: 129member
    I received the shipping notification for my iPad Air 4 this morning. It's replacing an iPad Air 2 I've had for probably 5 years, so it'll be quite a pleasant experience, I'm sure.
    bageljoeywatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,700member
    HeliBum said:
    I received the shipping notification for my iPad Air 4 this morning. It's replacing an iPad Air 2 I've had for probably 5 years, so it'll be quite a pleasant experience, I'm sure.
    Enjoy!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    eideardeideard Posts: 428member
    Day 4 waiting for UPS to find and deliver my new iPad Air.  Email, last night, said they'd deliver it, today.  Tracking says it's been sitting at ABQ airport since last Thursday afternoon.

Email from UPS in the last ho7r says...they shipped to NC by mistake and the6'll let me know when it returns to NM for delive4y.

Bah, humbug!
    watto_cobra