Zuckerberg: Apple's ad-tracking block will impair COVID-19 economic recovery

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Also, these comments are making my day. This is just great!
    williamlondonkuduJapheyDogpersonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 33
    sbdudesbdude Posts: 261member
    The deflector-in-chief. The only reason Suckerberg wants extra scrutiny on Apple is to take the heat off of him. Genocide in Asia, disinformation in elections, social media-related suicides. Dude is weigh in over his head.
    williamlondonmacseekerkudumattinozdewmecat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 33
    mobirdmobird Posts: 753member
    I wish Apple would just go ahead and say FU Zuckerberg and Facebook and unleash the new iOS 14 Privacy Features NOW!!
    williamlondonMisterKitkuduDogpersondewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 33
    It seems crazy that Apple has to hold off on. We features to protect users’ privacy, when the major company it will hurt is the one who has turned political discourse in the world into a childish game of shouting stupid crap across a room. No other company has damaged civil discourse the way Facebook has. 
    williamlondonkuduOferviclauyycDogpersonmuthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 33
    I really hope Apple does not cave on this. I want to have the option to opt in or out of these advertising labyrinths.
    williamlondonkuduviclauyycDogpersonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Na, screw that. Why is FB so hell bent on tracking it's users?? Is it just a front for the NSA?
    williamlondonviclauyycdewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 33
    darkpawdarkpaw Posts: 212member
    Facebook-owned Instagram showed a number of adverts for a "4K 10-300X40mm Super Telephoto Zoom Monocular Telescope (Released In July 2020)". It looked pretty cool, but rather than buying it I checked out the product and the company.

The product is available on Amazon for about £10-15.

This company were charging $59.99 (~£46).

The company has reviews showing it is a scam. There are 100+ reviews stating the company either doesn't send the product or sends an inferior product then offers you 30%, 40%, maybe 45% back as a refund. In the UK this is both false advertising and a criminal offence. I believe it's called a "bait and switch" in the US?

Facebook should be checking out these companies before they allow them to advertise on their platforms. So, you know what? I don't care that Facebook will lose money from Apple's new software. They aren't standing up for "small companies"; they're standing up for their own self-interests and finances.

It is Apple who is keeping people safe from such sh!tty companies, not Facebook.
    williamlondonDogpersonbadmonkwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 33
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Tomorrow's headline:

Zuckerberg says Facebook ad tracking will cure Covid-19.

williamlondonqwerty52Rayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 33
    If your business model dies as soon as customers understand it, was probably wrong to begin with
    JapheywilliamlondonRayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 33
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Bullshit! A little boy with way too much money and not enough life experience to handle it. He’s all ego. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Instagram is the only facebook product I use and I'm not gonna lie, I love it. But you should see the creepy, spammy ads that show up in my feed. I would pay to block all ads and tracking.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    I missed this (same old) story in real time, so late commenting here, but I’ve been thinking that Apple-Google-Microsoft really should step forward and “Sherlock” Facebook.

Build an ad-free, cross-platform API that will destroy Facebook. This fear has got to be what is driving MZ’s behavior — he knows he is vulnerable.
    edited October 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 33
    When someone blatantly lies what they’re really saying is they think they’re smarter than you. He’s not smarter than me; refused to use the product after finding out the truth about its origin; certainly won’t know that he is trying to justify misuse of personal data. 

He’s a sad little man. History will not be kind to him. 
    watto_cobra