John Turturro joins cast of upcoming Apple TV+ drama 'Severance'

Posted:
in General Discussion
Actor John Turturro has joined the cast of upcoming Apple TV+ drama "Severance," which is set to go into production sometime in November, according to a new report.

Credit: AP
Credit: AP

"Severance" is described as a workplace drama set at Lumen Industries, a company working to alter the work-life balance of customers. It tells the story of Mark, an employee with a dark past who is trying to rebuild his life.

Turturro joins existing cast members Adam Scott and Patricia Arquette. Scott will play Mark, while Arquette will play Mark's Boss. Turturro will star as Irving, who is described as a "longtime, dependable employee at Lumen Industries," Variety reports.

Additionally, Britt Lower will star as Helly; Tramell Tillman will play Milchick; Jen Tullock will play as Devon; and Zach Cherry will play Dylan.

"Severance" has tapped Ben Stiller to direct, while Dan Erickson will serve as writer and executive producer. Chris Black will executive produce the show, along with Stiller, Nicky Weinstock, and Jackie Cohn. Endeavor Content will produce along with Scott and Arquette.

Apple plans to go into production on "Severance" sometime in November, according to Variety. A release date isn't currently known.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Another dark drama? How about some escapist entertainment, for crying out loud? I won’t be continuing my subscription after it runs out. Too depressing. I’d rather watch the Disney+ app.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Another dark drama? How about some escapist entertainment, for crying out loud? I won’t be continuing my subscription after it runs out. Too depressing. I’d rather watch the Disney+ app.
    Plenty of "escapist" entertainment elsewhere. Mindless for the mindless?

Your comment is like the person who walks into a Waffle House and demands to know why there is no Chinese food being served.

ronn
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Turturro is an awesome actor so I’m well pleased to see him join the cast. TV+ is putting together some really good content. I was staying with them anyway but I got a free year with my iPhone 12 so I’m all in! 
    ronn
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tommikele said:

Your comment is like the person who walks into a Waffle House and demands to know why there is no Chinese food being served.

Your logic makes little sense. Apple TV+ is not marketed as a dark drama streaming service, if anything it tries to be a "jack of all genres"I agree with SpamSandwich that the service could use a little bit more comedy in its lineup. Right now you really just have Mythic Quest and Central Park as the only true comedies. Yes Ted Lasso and Trying are comedies technically, but they implore a lot of dramatic and emotional storylines that overtake their funny bits. TV+ needs another Office-like comedy or even a sitcom.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jgreg728 said:
    tommikele said:

Your logic makes little sense. Apple TV+ is not marketed as a dark drama streaming service, if anything it tries to be a "jack of all genres"I agree with SpamSandwich that the service could use a little bit more comedy in its lineup. Right now you really just have Mythic Quest and Central Park as the only true comedies. Yes Ted Lasso and Trying are comedies technically, but they implore a lot of dramatic and emotional storylines that overtake their funny bits. TV+ needs another Office-like comedy or even a sitcom.
    Yep. If there are any funny people still working in the entertainment biz, there is a huge opportunity gap at Apple they could completely dominate.