Google Photos to end free unlimited storage on June 1, 2021

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    maestro64 said:
    gatorguy said:
    cpsro said:
    Google Photos isn’t free. The company retains a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right-to-use your pics for any money-making purpose the company chooses, even after you delete your photos and account.
    BS. No private user photo has ever been taken by Google for themselves. You obviously misconstrue the TOS.
    You make that statement like you work at Google and know for a fact they have not used users photos.

explain how Google developed, Google Lens to identify objects in photos, do you think google had employees running around taking millions of photos and only using them.

My understand this came from the Captchas project and founders of this company when bought by Google said they used the 100's millions of photos google stored on their servers to improve the image recognition software. Based on founders own statements over the years I think we can agree they were using users photos. I do not think they ever paid a user for the use of their photos or the work users provided to identify objects. Yes, I am aware they also use photo from street view, so it was not 100% user photos.

BTW, do you think all those photos in this Captchas were generated by Google employees or google paid for the use of them. This is what google meant by perpetual worldwide royalty-free licensing when you post images to their servers.

LOL, that's like asking you for proof you're not a thief. You can't prove you're not. 

It's really simple for you Maestro. Find a single instance of Google taking an image from a private Google Photos account and using it as their own. Just one. Then we can all agree that your Google Photos are not private property and Google will use them to monetize their other services. In the meantime there is zero evidence I am wrong, just as there is (presumably) zero evidence that you are a thief.
    edited November 2020