Apple reveals four-day Black Friday gift card offers

Posted:
in General Discussion
As ever, Apple offers no discounts on its devices for Black Friday, but it has announced a range of gift cards worth up to $150 that will be included free with certain purchases.

Apple's Black Friday artwork
Apple's Black Friday artwork

As other retailers make special Black Friday deals that include discounts on Apple products, Apple itself is once more offering free gift cards. None of its devices have seen any price reduction, but some of them will now come with an Apple gift card ranging from $25 to $100.

"Get ready," says an email Apple has sent to customers. "Get an Apple Store Gift Card of up to $150 when you buy eligible products from 27 to 30 November." The Apple Store now has similar wording, plus the option to add those dates to your calendar.

The Apple products that will include a $25 gift card are the Apple Watch Series 3, AirPods, and AirPods Pro. Five varieties of Beats headphones, including the Beats Powerbeats Pro, get a $50 card. So do the iPhone SE, iPhone 11, and iPhone XR.

At least ahead of the November 27 launch, Apple is being more vague about certain other gift card options. Buying the iPad Pro or iPad mini will "get up to a $100 Apple Gift Card," for instance.

For the Mac, unspecified "eligible models" get a $150 card. And buying an Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, or a HomePod, will get you "up to a $100" card.

Notably, there is no gift card offered when you're buying a HomePod mini, an Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 6, or the new iPad Air 4.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Details on gift card value for each eligible device here: https://www.apple.com/shop/gifts/shopping-event/terms-conditions
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Unspecified "eligible models", no gift cards for others. Making it really easy for customers. Haha
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pascalu said:
    Details on gift card value for each eligible device here: https://www.apple.com/shop/gifts/shopping-event/terms-conditions
    Thank you. The link to the actual details on Apple’s site is buried amongst all of the other links in the article
  • Reply 4 of 6
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    Sounds exciting until you see the list of old stuff they are trying to move out of their warehouses. If I buy an Apple Watch series 3, I can get $35 discount card. I could barely sell my current series 3 for $50. Too bad. I was hoping for some real deals on newer gear.
    caladanian
  • Reply 5 of 6
    techno said:
    Sounds exciting until you see the list of old stuff they are trying to move out of their warehouses. If I buy an Apple Watch series 3, I can get $35 discount card. I could barely sell my current series 3 for $50. Too bad. I was hoping for some real deals on newer gear.
    That’s not how Apple does business. Look for deals or bundles from other retailers.
    mac_dog
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pascalu said:
    Does anyone know if the gift card is mailed along with your order or if it is sent electronically to your email? Just wondering how soon you’re able to use it.