Apple Car may automatically tint windows for better safety and privacy

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Apple Car is an thoroughly exhausting topic
    I agree. As pointless as discussing Apple Glasses, really. It’s nothing until it’s a product.
    revenantelijahg
  • Reply 22 of 26
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,297member
    I wonder what we would imagine the Mac to be if all we had to go on were patent filings and rumors instead of a real world product that is constrained by both the physical laws of the universe and financial reality. I bet it would make our real world Macs look pretty boring!
  • Reply 23 of 26
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    blastdoor said:
    I wonder what we would imagine the Mac to be if all we had to go on were patent filings and rumors instead of a real world product that is constrained by both the physical laws of the universe and financial reality. I bet it would make our real world Macs look pretty boring!

elijahg
  • Reply 24 of 26
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    I'd rather Apple invest more R&D in their existing and new non-car devices because I think the chance of Apple ever making a car is pretty much nil - a bit like government departments that must spend all the money they're given else they get less next year it seems Apple's R&D department is the same. Sans car research, they might be able to charge less for their phones and Macs! Wouldn't that be novel?

Even if Apple did eventually produce a car with 10% of the innovations that they have patents for, it would cost $100,000+, be locked to approved roads, cost $10,000 per year insurance, weigh 4 tons and drive 50 miles before needing a recharge..!
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Hey folks, just read about the Apple Car possibly having auto-tinting windows for privacy! Sounds like a game-changer with that liquid crystal tech. What do you guys think?