2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Flytrap said:

crowley said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    crowley said:
    Pretty good, I'll certainly take a 3 month free trial.

But, I notice that if I go to Settings > Apple ID > Subscriptions, I can't set Apple News+ to not auto renew without cancelling the subscription.  This is different from all non-Apple subscriptions, which you can opt out of auto renew and continue using for the remainder of the period.  

I'll set myself a Reminder to cancel after 2 months and 20 days, but that's a bit shady of Apple.
    Mmm. I’ve used a lot of apps that work the same way. If you cancel the subscription it runs until the next payment date, though it’s not always clear that’s what’s happening. I often sign up to stuff and cancel straight away so I don’t get charged by mistake. 

Don’t try it though! 
    Yes, me too.  That;'s what I'm trying to say, Apple News+ doesn't work like that; if you cancel it then it's cancelled straight away.  Check the screenshot, it's pretty explicit:

All Apple free trails work this way... including Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, etc. 
    Nope. Apple Music let’s you finish out the trial period. I know this because I’ve cancelled it several times while trying to get it to use a different credit card for the family service. 
  • Reply 22 of 24
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    My AppleNews+ subscription renewed yesterday for $9.99.
    And, in 2 days my AppleOne Premier subscription that includes AppleNews+ kicks off.

I'm wondering if Apple is intending to double charge me AppleNews+ as well as my Apple Music subscription?
    The fine print says:   "You will not be charged for both subscriptions" but doesn't say how.  I'm wondering if the cost of those will be prorated to reduce the charge for AppleOne?
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Flytrap said:
    fred1 said:
    Sarkany said:
    Paying for news...what a waste of money.
    Oh oh, cue all those who are going to start a tirade against this “Apple News Hater”!  
    Well, I am not sure if the indignation is directed towards paying for Apple News+ or towards paying for news (the noun). I suspect that it is the latter... in which case they deserve all the hate that they get 
    News in general. I have my reasons for it and am not willing to get into it.

As for Apple News, I don’t have a problem with it except for the fact that just about every article I come across is Apple News+. I’ve been blocking channels that require their subscription, and that has so far not worked because they still show up, and more frequently, to be honest.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    omasouomasou Posts: 575member
    Sarkany said:
    Flytrap said:
    fred1 said:
    Sarkany said:
    Paying for news...what a waste of money.
    Oh oh, cue all those who are going to start a tirade against this “Apple News Hater”!  
    Well, I am not sure if the indignation is directed towards paying for Apple News+ or towards paying for news (the noun). I suspect that it is the latter... in which case they deserve all the hate that they get 
    News in general. I have my reasons for it and am not willing to get into it.

As for Apple News, I don’t have a problem with it except for the fact that just about every article I come across is Apple News+. I’ve been blocking channels that require their subscription, and that has so far not worked because they still show up, and more frequently, to be honest.
    I have nothing against the service but instead news itself and find news rather useless.

I too blocked feeds requiring subscriptions or content that I didn't care about, which makes my top stories wasted space. You'd think they get the hint that I don't care about those feeds/channels but no I guess they think I'll change my mind and unblock them :) b/c I'll feel like I'm missing something important. Either way it appears Apple removed the option for me to block some pay feeds.

edited January 2021