Apple's leather sleeve for iPhone 12 review: expensive, but without equal

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    Appears designed to make you drop your phone, damage the screen and then pay Apple (AND ONLY APPLE) for an expensive repair job.
    Every sleeve case ever made. For every device ever sold. 

Meh
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 28
    $129 when they probably paid $10 to create this useless thing.
    elijahg
  • Reply 23 of 28
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    ATHiker95 said:
    Makes no sense to me.  So I have to slide the phone out to use it?  So then I drop the phone on the floor while pulling it out of the case - boom - busted phone.  I use my phone constantly - this would be insane.  Looks cool - functionality - none.  
    It’s just like using an iPad with a leather sleeve. It’s not like the phone is so tightly fitted inside this case that it will come flying out of your hand when you remove it. You sit down at dinner. Slide the phone out of the case and lay it on top. Use it when necessary.  You go to someone’s home for a visit. You slide the phone out of the case when needed and lay it on or near the case until you are done and put it back in the case. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Appears designed to make you drop your phone, damage the screen and then pay Apple (AND ONLY APPLE) for an expensive repair job.
    That just sounds silly first of all.   Yea they designed this so they can get a repair out of people ... seriously ?  Contrary to popular belief from what I am seeing in these comments there are a lot of people that don’t use cases with their phones.  If you are that afraid that you will drop your phone with or without this sleeve  get Apple care. If you are in a situation that you don’t trust yourself not to drop it. Get a case because this isn’t for you.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 28

ATHiker95 said:
    Makes no sense to me.  So I have to slide the phone out to use it?  So then I drop the phone on the floor while pulling it out of the case - boom - busted phone.  I use my phone constantly - this would be insane.  Looks cool - functionality - none.  
    If that is your worry. This sleeve isn’t for you. This may not work for you, but zero functionality is a bit of a stretch. Come on ... there a LOT of people that use no case on their phones. Do folks here seriously not know this ?  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 28
    How will it work to answer calls?
    Will it need to recognise your face? If you're wearing a mask, how will it unlock then? I assume it would mean to take it out of the sleeve?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 28
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    I think there’s one more hidden “benefit” or “feature” or “objective” with this case. To bring down your screen-time in style. Hiding the whole phone like this will prevent you from bringing it out all the friggin time. That alone could be worth that hefty price tag, in its own weird way.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Does anyone know a trick to removing the strap from the sleeve if you've incorrectly placed the metal ring closest to the attachment metal peg on the strap itself first (incorrect order) instead of first slotting the metal ring on the opposite end of the strap and furthest from the peg onto the peg first before then slotting the other ring (closest to peg) on top? I cannot for the life of me remove the incorrectly attached ring from the metal peg no matter how much force I pull with and even Apple Support couldn't provide any information. Thanks!