Apple Fitness+ instructors promote video workouts before launch

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited November 2020
Instructors for Apple's soon-to-launch Fitness subscription have prompted the service on Instagram, with posts to their personal accounts showing what they will look like while recording workouts for subscribers.

Sam Sanchez and Tyrell Desean, two of the instructors for Apple Fitness+.
Sam Sanchez and Tyrell Desean, two of the instructors for Apple Fitness+.

Slated to arrive before the end of 2020, Apple Fitness will offer guided workouts fronted by a roster of instructors. Ahead of the launch of the service, those same instructors are putting the word out about the service, suggesting its launch could happen very soon.

Posts to accounts managed by Apple's fitness coaches on Instagram, spotted by 9to5Mac, show them seemingly mid-recording of a video session, which will be streamed to users. The posts, published over the last few days, also include references to the @AppleFitnessPlus Instagram account, as well as the #CloseYourRings hashtag, well-known to be in reference to the Apple Watch.

While many of the posts largely follow the pattern of the instructors expressing they can't wait to see their followers try out the service, some offer more of an introduction of the instructor to a potential new audience.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Amir Ekbatani (@amiritemusic)

Josh Crosby's post mentions his 15 years of coaching indoor rowing and "coming from 3 generations of rowers." Amir Ekbatani brings up losing his leg in 2012, how fitness "had always been my sanctuary," and how his life "has never been filled with more purpose" after realizing he could inspire others into working out harder.

Unveiled during the "Time Flies" event in September, Apple Fitness+ is a multi-platform workout app that will be available on iPhones, iPads, and the Apple TV. The service will combine data from a user's linked Apple Watch with the on-screen workout to monitor their progress, complete with graphics showing their progress on top of the video workout.

New studio workouts will be offered on a weekly basis, covering a wide variety of workout types such as HIIT, Yoga, and Strength Training.

When it launches, it will cost $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year, with a 30-day free trial available. Buyers of a new Apple Watch will get three months of free access, with the app requiring an Apple Watch Series 3 or later to participate. Offered with Family Sharing support, it is also available as part of the Apple One subscription.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Bring it on! I succumbed to Halloween candy and a thanksgiving feast, so I need it (unfortunately)!!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    You can coach indoor rowing?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    Rayz2016 said:
    There is a surprising amount of technique and posture to do it right
    leavingthebigg
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Wow you have a positive few already with out any cause.  At least wait until someone bitches 
    edited November 2020 yojimbo007ronn
  • Reply 5 of 10
    NinjaMan said:
    So how long before we hear all the sheeps claiming how much better Apple’s Fitness app is than Peloton’s and that the Apple instructors are sooooooo much better than the annoying ones from Peloton...while none of them actually ever used the Peloton app...
    Sheep*. You seem quite angry. Maybe hop on your Peloton bike and do a quick 20-minute ride to get rid of some of that anger. 
    Japheyyojimbo007ronnleavingthebigg
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Always open to trying anything new, so why not? I just got a Series 6 so a 3-month trial is perfect to put this service through the paces. If anything, will be nice change of scenery from Peloton. 
    steve_jobsronn
  • Reply 7 of 10
    NinjaMan said:
    So how long before we hear all the sheeps claiming how much better Apple’s Fitness app is than Peloton’s and that the Apple instructors are sooooooo much better than the annoying ones from Peloton...while none of them actually ever used the Peloton app...
    Apparently not as long as it takes the trolls to come out from under their rocks any time they hear Apple product is mentioned in a favorable light...
    yojimbo007ronn
  • Reply 8 of 10
    entropys said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    There is a surprising amount of technique and posture to do it right
    Agreed! I have a row machine and am interested in being trained to do more than I currently do.
    ronn
  • Reply 9 of 10
    You can argue the instructors from service A are more annoying than the instructors from service B, but to some of us, all fitness instructors are annoying. It's in the genes or something.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    I guess I missed how instructors for Fitness+ got to be part of this service offering.