Julianna Margulies to join 'The Morning Show' for its second season

Posted:
in General Discussion
Julianna Margulies, known for her starring roles in "ER" and "The Good Wife," has joined the cast of Apple TV+ drama "The Morning Show."

Credit: Michael Buckner/Deadline
Credit: Michael Buckner/Deadline

Margulies will play Laura Peterson, an anchor at UBA News, in the series. She joins existing cast members Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon, as well as new additions for season two like Greta Lee, Ruairi O'Connor, and Hasan Minhaj, The Wrap reported.

In addition to starring in "The Good Wife" and "ER," Margulies also appeared in "Billions" and "The Hot Zone." She is a Golden Globe winner, as well as a three-time Emmy winner.

Production for the second season of the show started earlier in 2020 but was halted due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. In October, however, the cast and crew returned to complete the second season of the series in October.

Since its debut, "The Morning Show" has been nominated for eight Emmy awards and three Golden Globe nominations. It also won an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for Billy Crudup, and earned Aniston a Screen Actors Guild award for lead actress.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I'm already confused because I enjoyed the character "Laura Petrie" from The Dick Van Dyke Show, now I have to learn that there's a Laura Peterson from The Morning Show.

And yes, she was called Laura in that show more often than she was called Laurie.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    They finished filming in October, but no guesses about when it season 2 will debut?  I'll assume January.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I'm already confused because I enjoyed the character "Laura Petrie" from The Dick Van Dyke Show, now I have to learn that there's a Laura Peterson from The Morning Show.

And yes, she was called Laura in that show more often than she was called Laurie.
    It confuses you that two characters on different shows have the same first name?

Have you never encountered two people with the same first name in real life?  That strikes me as unlikely.
    ronn
  • Reply 4 of 4
    They finished filming in October, but no guesses about when it season 2 will debut?  I'll assume January.
    That’s how I first read this too, but I think this was meant to say they returned in October to finish filming, not that filming finished in October.