Apple shares trailer for season two of 'Dickinson,' coming to Apple TV+ on Jan. 8

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Friday released the first official trailer for the second season of upcoming Apple TV+ series "Dickinson," arriving on Jan. 8, 2021.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The series, which stars Hailee Steinfeld as American poet Emily Dickinson, was renewed for a second season before the first one aired. In June, "Dickinson" was one of 10 award winners in the Peabody 30's entertainment category.

Season two follows Dickinson as she is pulled out of her private literary light and thrust into the public eye.

In addition to Steinfeld, the series features an ensemble cast that includes Nick Kroll as Edgar Allan Poe and Timothy Simons as Frederick Law Olmsted.

One of the first shows to hit Apple TV+ when it launched in November 2019, "Dickinson" will also become one of the platform's first shows to receive a second season, and has already been renewed for a third.

"Dickinson" season two will debut on Friday, Jan. 8, 2021 on Apple TV+. The premium Apple streaming platform costs $4.99 a month, but is also included in every Apple One bundle.
15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I'm looking forward to the scene where her parents talk about her being too homely to marry off.
    edited December 2020
  • Reply 2 of 10
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Series one was enjoyable, a second series is risking jumping the shark. 
  • Reply 3 of 10
    entropys said:
    Tell that to Harrison Ford who is in pre production of Raiders of the Lost Ark sequel 5.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    My daughter loves this show.  I kinda like it myself.  Well written.  I wonder how long it will last since Steinfeld is joining the MCU.  Hopefully schedules will be considered so she can continue if the show builds a following.  Not sure though since Kevin Feige just recently dropped a nuclear nookular bomb of interwoven Disney+ and feature film content where Steinfeld could feature prominently.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    I kind of couldn't do it with this show after a rich white girl compared herself unironically to the slaves in the field, as if their experience was remotely the same. 
  • Reply 6 of 10
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    entropys said:
    Outstaying it's welcome perhaps, but unless you know something not in this article I don't know why you'd think it has jumped the shark.
    randominternetperson15ngcs1
  • Reply 7 of 10
    tipoo said:
    I kind of couldn't do it with this show after a rich white girl compared herself unironically to the slaves in the field, as if their experience was remotely the same. 
    Sounds realistic to me.  Are you suggesting that people are never clueless about their privilege?

Looking forward to season 2.  I'm a classic knuckle dragger who doesn't "get" poetry, but this show does a nice job of helping me understand the feeling of people who do.
    15ngcs1
  • Reply 8 of 10
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    tipoo said:
    Sounds realistic to me.  Are you suggesting that people are never clueless about their privilege?

Looking forward to season 2.  I'm a classic knuckle dragger who doesn't "get" poetry, but this show does a nice job of helping me understand the feeling of people who do.
    One step ahead of me then. Didn’t even know the show was about poetry.  :D
  • Reply 9 of 10
    razorpit said:
    tipoo said:

Joking or no? I see the emoji, but I'm not sure if that's you being sarcastic or laughing because you really didn't know.  Dickinson didn't give it away?  I mean, yeah sure, it could have possibly been about Angie, but this is Apple so it could have only been Emily.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    razorpit said:
    tipoo said:

Joking or no? I see the emoji, but I'm not sure if that's you being sarcastic or laughing because you really didn't know.  Dickinson didn't give it away?  I mean, yeah sure, it could have possibly been about Angie, but this is Apple so it could have only been Emily.
    I honestly did not know. I have a hard time with any of these Apple shows. I tried to watch See and fell a sleep three different times. Wasn’t for me. Tried For All Mankind and while the premise is good, I just can’t get in to it. Haven’t finished the first episode, so we’ll have to see. (No pun intended). Fraggle Rock was nothing more than a political statement that I couldn’t care less for. Snoopy was ok and Tiny World was cool.

I just don’t see the allure of any of this programming. While I grew up on stuff like Star Wars (the original),  Knight Rider, Airwolf, and Ghostbusters, I’m more of a documentary kind of guy now. This alternate reality stuff just doesn’t do it for me.