TikTok users can get four months of Apple Music for free in new promotion

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple is engaging TikTok users with a new promotion offering four months of free Apple Music service through the video sharing app.

Credit: The Apple Post
Credit: The Apple Post

The deal, first spotted by The Apple Post, is available to new subscribers who sign up for the Apple streaming service through the TikTok app. An Apple ID with a registered payment method is required. The promotion runs through Jan. 4, 2021.

It appears that TikTok is offering the promotion through an in-app notification, but it isn't clear when or how that notification can be accessed.

In addition to promoting Apple Music on one of the most popular social media platforms on the App Store, the offer also highlights official TikTok playlists on Apple Music.

The TikTok promotion follows a similar deal that Apple started offering through the Shazam app in November. Through that offer, new subscribers get a five month free trial to Apple Music by downloading Shazam and identifying a song.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I love this and hate this at the same time.

TikTok is filled with toxicity and anti-male videos but it's also very popular which will help Apple.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    XedXed Posts: 2,812member
    Beats said:
    I love this and hate this at the same time.

TikTok is filled with toxicity and anti-male videos but it's also very popular which will help Apple.
    🤦‍♂️ I have and I get sent links at times, and while I can't say it's my thing I been caught up for seeing multiple clips from random people, I can say that anecdotally there is far less hate or politics being posted there any other forum I've visited. It's most just people being fun and having a laugh.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,499member
    "Anti-male"? LOL. Somebody's got a bit of a complex ...

I'm not on TikTok and probably never will be, but if there really are "anti-male" videos on there perhaps they can help make up -- in a teeny tiny way -- the great deluge of misogynistic and/or racist videos that permeate all the other social platforms of which I'm aware.

The few TikTok videos I've seen via said other platforms seem to be mostly either funny (or at least humour-intentioned) or reflect some pro-LGBTQ+ type stances, which I view as hope for a kinder, more tolerant future.
    muthuk_vanalingamCarnage