Apple shares trailer for 'Losing Alice' ahead of Jan. 22 debut

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Friday shared the trailer for the upcoming Apple TV+ neo-noir thriller "Losing Alice," slated to debut on Friday, Jan. 22.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

"Losing Alice" follows the eponymous 48-year-old film director who struggles with finding relevance after raising a family. When Alice encounters 24-year-old screenwriter Sophie, she becomes obsessed with her and eventually sacrifices her morals to achieve relevance, power, and success.

Apple has called the series "a love letter to the still-too-rare female director." The show focuses on themes of jealousy, guilt, fear of aging, and interpersonal relationships between women.

Ayelet Zurer stars as Alice and Lihi Kornowski plays Sophie. The series is created, written, and directed by Sigal Avin. It will run for a total of eight episodes.

Apple picked up the thriller in 2020 to bolster its slate of foreign programming. The series will air on Apple TV+ via a partnership between the Cupertino tech giant and Israel-based Dori Media Productions.

The first three episodes of "Losing Alice" will debut on Apple TV+ on Friday, Jan. 22, with new episodes released on a weekly basis.

"Losing Alice" will join other Apple TV+ series launching January, including the second season of "Dickinson" and the second season of "Servant."
edred

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    This sounds...AMAZING 😂😂😂

• Reply 2 of 11
    Oh, lord...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    […] and eventually sacrifices her morals to achieve relevance, power, and success.

Losing Alice – the republican cut. 

GeorgeBMacXedStrangeDays
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Apologies for the misspelling in that last post. 
  • Reply 5 of 11
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    We can't comment on the political related postings AI has made, so let's politicize non-political articles. Yeah, that'll show 'em how clever we are, and there ain't nuttin' they can do about it!

That said, I love film noir, and some of the somewhat recent offerings have hit the spot for me, so I'll give this a look. I really don't see the thriller angle based on the description. Maybe it'll happen for me, maybe not.

But Ted Lasso sounded a little childish from the description, and I wasn't fond of what I read about the early sketches on with it was based. Watched one episode and I was all in. I don't expect it to happen with Alice but I won't know 'till I try.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    If the lack of and tone of responses to AppleTV+ related posts at AI is anything to go by, Cook has made quite the mistake with AppleTV+. 

I realise Apple likes to push their progressive message, but they are way too blatant about it. Being so upfront will result in no-one but people already aligned with their views watching a particular series at all, so the show automatically loses a huge chunk of people right off the bat; and the message to those it is supposed to influence is lost. Netflix push progressive messages just the same, but in much more subtle and clever ways; making the viewer able to see the world from someone else's shoes before they realise it's even happening. People don't like ideologies different to their own shoved down their throats, but if written in as part of an actual plot, it can make people with a different political bent realise the plight and arguments of the opposite side.
    edited January 2021
  • Reply 7 of 11
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Movie night! 
    Go Ask Alice.
    Losing Alice
    Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore 

Alice has had a hard life

XedStrangeDays
  • Reply 8 of 11
    XedXed Posts: 2,560member
    DAalseth said:
    Movie night! 
    Go Ask Alice.
    Losing Alice
    Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore 

Alice has had a hard life

DAalsethStrangeDays
  • Reply 9 of 11
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    elijahg said:
    If the lack of and tone of responses to AppleTV+ related posts at AI is anything to go by, Cook has made quite the mistake with AppleTV+. 

I realise Apple likes to push their progressive message, but they are way too blatant about it. Being so upfront will result in no-one but people already aligned with their views watching a particular series at all, so the show automatically loses a huge chunk of people right off the bat; and the message to those it is supposed to influence is lost. Netflix push progressive messages just the same, but in much more subtle and clever ways; making the viewer able to see the world from someone else's shoes before they realise it's even happening. People don't like ideologies different to their own shoved down their throats, but if written in as part of an actual plot, it can make people with a different political bent realise the plight and arguments of the opposite side.
    I don't think the reaction from the vocal minority at AI is anything to go by.
    macguiStrangeDays
  • Reply 10 of 11
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    elijahg said:

It isn't. Nerds on a niche tech website have very little to do with mainstream normals society. 

As for the rest of your silly rant, one day you'll realize Apple is and always has been a progressive company, and they aren't going to change for angry IT tech guys. 
  • Reply 11 of 11
    elijahg said:

It isn't. Nerds on a niche tech website have very little to do with mainstream normals society. 

As for the rest of your silly rant, one day you'll realize Apple is and always has been a progressive company, and they aren't going to change for angry IT tech guys. 
    Progressivism is a more extreme version of what might be considered moderate Left, however so much of the Left today is unrecognizable to what the Left represented 20-30 years ago. The Left of today is an authoritarian statist mishmash. The Left of yesteryear was anti-government and pro-peace.