WaterField Designs debuts new AirPods Max case material and color options

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2021
Only a few weeks after launching the first version of the AirPods Max Shield case, WaterField Designs is debuting four new colorways, some of which are crafted from vegan-friendly materials.

Shield Case Forza
The new Forza textile colors of the Shield case

The original Shield case for AirPods Max was released as an alternative to Apple's Smart Case that offered additional protection and storage. The first designs to release were made from leather and came in four colorways.

Now WaterField Designs is releasing blue, red, and green colorways in a Forza textile. This rugged high-performance fabric is both durably as well as water-resistant.

There's also a new black option for users which is made from rugged 1050 ballistic nylon.

The WaterField Designs Shield case for AirPods Max is available in the new colors for $89.99 and will ship with the next production run which is currently slated for Feb. 19.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    These look worse than the original. I didn’t think that would be easy. 
    edited January 2021 viclauyyc
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Mmm... Nope, still not there... go back to the drawing board guys...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    Absolute bargain increasing the total value for money that is the Airpods Max.

/SARC
  • Reply 4 of 12
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,111member
    These look worse than the original. I didn’t think that would be easy. 
    Just what would you consider a beautiful case for these?
    razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 12
    How is something made form plastic vegan?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 12
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,328member
    These cases all look like they’d work pretty well as a ping pong paddle case. 
    Japhey
  • Reply 7 of 12
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I like them.  If I had AirPods Max I'd go for the green one.
    macgui
  • Reply 8 of 12
    And there are many flavors of ice cream. Not everyone likes all the flavor choices.

Why not add  constructive suggestions or comments on the topic? Or even better, create your own design and share it.

At this moment in time, we have yet to be swamped with off-shore cheaply made cases. This is an American made product, which is almost a rarity in the Apple eco-system.
    macguirazorpitfred1watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 12
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    AI like any forum, has a cadre of posters who value snark above constructive content and FIRST! as some form of "cred" to post it.

MKBHD not withstanding, I really like green AirPods Max. These cases are wholly acceptable to me, but I don't recoil in horror at the factory case.

There's no mention if the WaterField offerings shut off the Max. This would be a necessary consideration as it seems they'll be on for a couple of hours before shutting down, without being in the factory case.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 12
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    neillwd said:
    Better question, how many vegans buying this product are against “big oil”?
    entropyswatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 12
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    macgui said:

There's no mention if the WaterField offerings shut off the Max. This would be a necessary consideration as it seems they'll be on for a couple of hours before shutting down, without being in the factory case.
    Quoted from their website, which was also covered in previous AI articles.
    The innovative Magnetic Leather Butterfly puts the AirPods Max into low-power mode while in the case and it acts as a buffer between the ear cups.

The butterfly tabs lie flat when the Apple Smart Case is on, and they flip up when the Smart Case is off, like butterfly wings. Either way, your AirPods Max will preserve power while in the case. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 12
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    neillwd said:
    If you’re referring to petro chemicals and the dinosaurs, it’s consider vegan because no animals were intentionally killed to produce it, decreasing demand on animal harvest today, in our world, and not that of a prehistoric era millions of years ago. 
    watto_cobra