The invasion has begun......

2»

Comments

• Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

If Gulf War I was a prizefight, it might have been Ali-Liston

George is hoping this will be a Mike Tyson fight

It's hard to imagine George W. biting on Saddams ear.

P.S. The missiles were flying all over Iraq. The Navy had been launching a pretty steady stream off of three ships in the Persian Gulf.

I just lost my TDDS feed, but Damn it was great while it lasted.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    or W getting his face tattooed before the next war

more that they hope it'll be over in 83 seconds

but it seems that the first attempted "decapitation strike" is more of an opening jab than a haymaker

(apologies for swerving the thread into boxing analogies)
  • Reply 24 of 30
    we can only hope the decapitation strike was successful.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    i thought this was very clever

• Reply 26 of 30
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    May the war end fast with minimum casualties.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Our number 1 priority it to avoid civilian casualties. It's an interesting fact that we are doing everything in our power to AVOID killing innocent people, while Saddam is doing everything he can to prevent us from doing so, thus sacrificing his own people's lives, by surrounding key targets with innocent civilians. May the war be swift and successful. Support our troops!
  • Reply 28 of 30
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    What's with all this "IraqiCam" bullshit? I thought there would be more coverage in this one than the last. I know Peter Arnette is in Bagdad. Did he forget to bring a film crew with him? Whatever. I woke up today and they are still reporting the same news that I heard then.

News from Debka...

IST 20:45 US cruise missiles slam into Baghdad, start fires Thursday night. Heavy anti-aircraft fire lights the skies as city rocked by explosions. Wave of 10 F-15 and F-16 warplanes took off from US military base in Qatar. 1st Marine Expeditionary unit crosses into Iraq from Kuwait.

IST 17:50 Two oil fields south and west of Basra have been torched by Iraq troops. US Marines ordered to advance from Kuwait into southern Iraq at speed to extinguish the blaze. Battles rage as Marines lay down artillery barrage to clear their path while coming under heavy fire themselves

Israel raises missile alert after five Iraqi missiles were fired into Kuwait Thursday. Israeli air defenses and air force on highest alert level.

DEBKAfile?s military sources: Iraq may shoot missiles against Israel, Jordan, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia Thursday night after big US-UK air offensive begins

Also heard that here in the states that there may have been an attack on a nuclear power plant in Palo Alto...