Jeff Bezos to step down as Amazon CEO, AWS chief Andy Jassy to fill role in Q3

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    I can't imagine why Bezos would do something like that.  I don't think big investors will be happy hearing this news.  I know it shouldn't make a difference but big investors have some weird ways of thinking about succession issues.

Wow! Amazon's revenue of $125B absolutely crushed Apple's measly $111B.  No wonder investors are dumping Apple.  I guess you can't blame them for wanting to own a company that makes that much money.  I suppose Bezos can step down after that sort of finale performance.  It's back to the drawing board for Apple.
    You're trolling, correct? 
    roake said:
    I can't imagine why Bezos would do something like that.  I don't think big investors will be happy hearing this news.  I know it shouldn't make a difference but big investors have some weird ways of thinking about succession issues.

Wow! Amazon's revenue of $125B absolutely crushed Apple's measly $111B.  No wonder investors are dumping Apple.  I guess you can't blame them for wanting to own a company that makes that much money.  I suppose Bezos can step down after that sort of finale performance.  It's back to the drawing board for Apple.
    I’ll trade my Amazon stock for your Apple.

;) 
    Amazon's revenue of $125B absolutely crushed Apple's measly $111B.  No wonder investors are dumping Apple.
    Amazon sells countless products, makes money from third party sellers, and has their hands in a massive amount of web services. Also, can’t forget Amazon also owns Whole Foods.  Apple sells two dozen or so products / services / subscriptions.  

To compare their revenue is like comparing a Supermarket to a Ferrari dealership. 
    mike1 said:

Really?! You can't believe why a guy who started a company like Amazon,from NOTHING and grew it into a trillion dollar behemoth might want to step down and enjoy the benefits of that success or move on to the next phase of his life??? He has certainly earned the right to chart his own course. The succession path has been laid out for years now. Stock is up $57 in pre-market trading today. Clearly Wall Street doesn't care.

Let me get this right. You're saying there can only be one successful company? I never realized that. Ugh!

All of you are wrong on this. He was just being sarcastic. Please get over it.
    asdasd
  • Reply 22 of 22
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Maybe now the new guy can get something done about their search, filter and sort features. Maybe it's just me, but it's often hard to get good results. One example is a simple sort by price, low-to-high. You'll get items with a higher price at the top of the list if they happen to have a lower "used" price somewhere (even if you filter for only "new" items). Also, some items cheat the system with a low sales price, and a high shipping price, with no E-Bay style method of sorting by combined price+shipping.
    Their algorithms for what you might like also need some tweaking. I ordered a TV via Amazon and they were convinced for weeks I was a dedicated TV collector and wanted to buy dozens more. 
    ronnroundaboutnowwatto_cobra