Webp to GIF

Posted:
in General Discussion
Has anyone found a Webp to GIF local converter that actually works?  Online converters take too much time and effort.  i've tried a bunch but either they don't work or they won't accept Webp files.  I apologize if this has been discussed before. I tried to find it on AI but no joy.

At the top of the page, this message makes no sense to me; I don't know what it means. -

Questions that may already have your answer: 

parsererror (SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<')

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Unfortunately, Webponize doesn't work either. I have a two year old MacMini, the latest Big Sur os and the latest Safari browser.

WebPonize shows: To convert, either:

• Drag and drop the images onto the application window or the Dock icon.
    • Use "Open" in the "File" menu to choose the images to convert.
    • Right-click the images in Finder and select WebPonize from the "Open With" menu.
    1. Drag and drop on the Dock icon does nothing.

Dragging Webp file to the "Drop here" page does nothing.

2. Using "Open" in the File menu leads to either a grayed out list or, when tried repeatedly, leads to the Webp image that appears on Preview.  Webponize doesn't convert or even show controls to do so. WebPonize is no longer in play.

3. Right-clicking the image(s) in Finder and selecting WebPonize from the "Open with" menu causes Webponize to disappear, removes the WebPonize dock icon, closes the Webp file folder, and error messages that it (WebPonized) has closed and sends the code to Apple.